Archery Talk Forum banner

T-Handle Releases, How To..........

1202 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Monkeybutt2000
Use one of those? Do you use it vertically or horizontially? I used T-Handle releases for years but went to a wrist release. I bought a Tru-Fire 3D Hunter a few years ago and I don't get the accuracy I used to get. Also my D-loop wants to twist in a knot when I use it.
I know a lot of people like them really well so looking for some advice here. I'd really like to go back to a T-Handle because I hate something strapped to my wrist.

Thank You.
The Banjo Man.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,403 Posts
Most have adjustable heads so you can keep your dloop straight no matter what angle you hold it at.

It's preference of the shooter as to what position it is held, although most hold it vertical. I shoot more accurately with one than with a wrist strap release.

· Anti Fanboy
49,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The end of my four finger Stan Shootoff is at...1 o'clock, anchored to the corner of my jaw with the string just touching my nose.

I shoot way better with a T than a wrist strap...
Karbon, are you saying you use it somewhat vertically? Sorry but not following you 100%.

· Anti Fanboy
49,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most have adjustable heads so you can keep your dloop straight no matter what angle you hold it at.

It's preference of the shooter as to what position it is held, although most hold it vertical. I shoot more accurately with one than with a wrist strap release.
I will go back out and see if I can use it with my Z28 any better. The head rotates 360 degrees.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
I have found with my Carter Insatiable 3 finger that if I hold it horizontal I can anchor my index knuccle behind my jaw bone. Shooting it horizontal my poi is close enough to use my Scott Rhino XT strap as a back up. When holding vertical it seems to move my poi a little.

· Do it in style!
2,319 Posts

My D-loop twist because mine does not have a moveable head... but I thought was one of the reasons for a D-loop was to allow for the twist and still get the same release everytime. ??

· Anti Fanboy
49,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vertical, end of the release (bottom) up.
Okay I will give that a try. I just got in and I'm getting better at it but still having problems finding a good solid anchor. I'm sure if I can get a repeatable anchor every time it would work great. I was using it thumb trigger down. I will go back out and try it up. It seems as if I am going to have to move my peep and season is in here. I might tinker with it some but most likely will wait until after season to change anything. Actually, I have a back up bow so I might use that one to practice with so I dont mess with my primary bow right now. Thanks.

· Anti Fanboy
49,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My D-loop twist because mine does not have a moveable head... but I thought was one of the reasons for a D-loop was to allow for the twist and still get the same release everytime. ??
Well my loop is not twisting with my Z28. I think its because its shorter than I used to tie them on. Its pretty short for my wrist release.

· Registered
6,385 Posts
Okay I will give that a try. I just got in and I'm getting better at it but still having problems finding a good solid anchor. I'm sure if I can get a repeatable anchor every time it would work great. I was using it thumb trigger down. I will go back out and try it up. It seems as if I am going to have to move my peep and season is in here. I might tinker with it some but most likely will wait until after season to change anything. Actually, I have a back up bow so I might use that one to practice with so I dont mess with my primary bow right now. Thanks.
I really don't know how you could use it with the lever pointing up. I have the same release,and I tuck my pinky knuckle behind my ear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.