Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only ever shot an index finger release but would like to try a thumb trigger. I don’t hunt, targets only. I have an opportunity to buy an Absolute 360 at a great price. Looking for your comments on the good, bad, or reviews for this release.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I like my 360.....still have it in my pouch as a backup to my blade pro....

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Anything notable that you particularly like or dislike about it?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I had one and liked it. Good release.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Great Release. I shot the original Absolute for years and loved it and the Absolute 360 was just as sweet.
I have since made the switch to their Blade Pro and really like that release.

If you are getting a good deal jump on it now! Great product!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The neck distance to the hook seems to be longer than any other thumb release I see. I think that might be a problem when combined with a d-loop (I currently shoot off the string with my index release) re draw length and anchor position. Did this create a problem for anyone else?

·
Back Yard Champion
29,822 Posts
The neck distance to the hook seems to be longer than any other thumb release I see. I think that might be a problem when combined with a d-loop (I currently shoot off the string with my index release) re draw length and anchor position. Did this create a problem for anyone else?
Any time you switch releases there will issues to clean up. You anchor differently with any hand held release than you do with a index release. Chance are your peep height will need addressed and then a change of length of d-loop or even draw length of the bow or both.

The Absolute is called Absolute, not a Absolute 360. Yes, the head can be turned 360 degrees.

I have complained of the ST360X and the Absolute. They cock hard and so hard I sold my ST360X and my Absolute is up 4 sale - like new, $90 TYD. Find the older ST360 or Extreme and you'll know the difference.

My ST360 is not 4 sale nor is my even older Extreme!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any time you switch releases there will issues to clean up. You anchor differently with any hand held release than you do with a index release. Chance are your peep height will need addressed and then a change of length of d-loop or even draw length of the bow or both.

The Absolute is called Absolute, not a Absolute 360. Yes, the head can be turned 360 degrees.

I have complained of the ST360X and the Absolute. They cock hard and so hard I sold my ST360X and my Absolute is up 4 sale - like new, $90 TYD. Find the older ST360 or Extreme and you'll know the difference.

My ST360 is not 4 sale nor is my even older Extreme!
Good points Sonny . . and I find the cocking lever Very hard too but was thinking I’d get usd to it, or like you, maybe not. I’ve shot it, off the string with my bow (no d-loop), and it definitely moves my anchor further back than my index release (that I have adjusted really short to wrap my finger around). By the time I add a d-loop for the Absolute it feels like I’d need to reduce my dl by a full inch, and I’m already only at 28”. I know a lot of people really like their Absolute, and I know T.R.U. Ball makes excellent product, but I think between the very long neck and hard cocking lever on this model, something else (like you suggest) might be a better choice for my particular situation.
P.S. . . . I’m a newer member here and just want to acknowledge how much I’ve learned already from some of the notable experts on here like yourself, Padgett, N&B, Ontarget7, and others. Very much appreciate the time and effort to help others!

·
Back Yard Champion
29,822 Posts
I can hardly call myself a expert, just that I have tried a lot of things.

Any time you add a d-loop there is that having to change the draw length of the bow. Like you noted, seems 1 inch difference. Well, a d-loop sure saves the center serving. You mostly likely won't lose a 1 inch of draw length, depending on release. 1/4" maybe and on the outside maybe 1/2"

2nd pic is my Stan Shootoff compared to my ST360 which is pretty close to my Absolute. The longest is pic 5, my Shootoff to my TRU Ball HT which is .330" longer from finger grooves to hook.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Sonny . . those comparison photos are helpful. Looks like your Shootoff is about .25” shorter than the Absolute. I’m thinking the Perfex would be about .5” shorter than an Absolute? Also, I believe the SX3 would be be same as the Shootoff?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts