Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Stinger this spring and have enjoyed using it. But I have had a few problems with it binding. Lubing it with silicone smoothed it out, but this time it is binding badly and lubing it doesn't help. It started binding at target 16 of 30 at the last 3D shoot of the year and I dropped 15 points on the back half! Anyone had any problems with T.R.U. Ball releases binding? I'm pretty comfortable with this release and I'd hate to switch to a different style right before deer season. But I don't dare to buy another Stinger and have it bind up on me again. I E-mailed T.R.U Ball today. Hopefully they will warranty it.
SB

·
Registered
745 Posts
Seabass,

I have a Tru Ball loopmaster, and a couple of weeks ago I was drawing back on some hogs, when the release opened. All but one of the hogs ran off and when I got ready to draw back on that one, it again opened on me. I called the number on the release case and the tech told me what to do to fix it. He also said that if that does not fix it they would replace or fix it for me. They seemed to be pretty decent about trying to get mine fixed. I hopt that everything gets straight for you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I e-mailed T.R.U. ball and they offered to repair it if I sent it to them. Fair enough but I'd rather not pay to ship a $30.00 release around. The tech did say that the most likely cause was dirt/debris is the release. I gave cleaning it one more shot. Cleaned with hot soapy water. Soaked it in alcohol to get the water out. Let it dry and sprayed it with a lube containing PTFE.

Works flawlessly now. Better than ever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts