Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago i was at the bass pro in harrisburg i was try out releases for my new bow i was purchaseing that day. The man who was helping me was puting my kisser on so in order to do that i had to draw the bow. Well i was using a t.r.u. rackmaster pro release and when i got to just about full draw the thing let go and the string frew off and my kisser and other parts whent everywhere and i did not toutch the trigger.All tru releases say tested at 100 but i was only shooting 65. Well they got a new bow and started again and the next time we got to the kisser he had me use a arrow and when i drawed back shure enough the thing fired again the string hit the mans hand that was helping me and broke it.After that i got a t.r.u stinger release and that worked fine. well about a month ago the darn thing fell apart when i was shoting. the nut in the back came off and my arrow went about 40 feet. So i went to bass pro and tryed another 1 called cyclone also from tru, well i wasnt even half way in draw and it went off so the man helping me put some camo release line on the bow scale pulled the release down and it was only holding 20 pounds before letting go. The guy told me to get a colba release and the he put it on the scale pulled it down to 120 and it still held so ive bean using that now with no problem what so ever. so had anyone else had this kind of problem with tru releases or is it just me ? By the way this is my first thread.

·
NC ASA Director
36,028 Posts
There is a set screw to adjust the release to the proper trigger pressure. :wink:

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
First of all never draw a bow with a release aid without a arrow on the rest. This is just common practice!!! I have seen where some smaller dia. D- loop material will slip thru the jaws of certain release heads. I have seen it happen on a Scott Mongoose, and on one of the tru-ball releases in the past. If you have to draw to check out your equipment make sure to point in a safe direction or downward with an arrow nocked. As Sage noted check to make sure your trigger sensitivity is set. To light can cause a release to misfire as well.

·
NC ASA Director
36,028 Posts
I also have had d-loops to come untied when drawing. :mad:

Always have an arrow in the bow and pointed in a safe direction.

Also, the directions tell how to set the trigger.

But, no one likes a bloody nose or dry-fired bow, so by all means, be careful. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts