Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some T3 heads a while back. When I was messing with them I noticed something I thought was odd. a G5 Rep told me it was "normal" But I have attached 2 pictures showing what I think is an issue. The stock photo is G5's image of the Tekan fully deployed. The beginning cutting surface of the blades are flush or even slightly hidden in the blade grooves on the ferrule. The actual photo while being deployed exposes a slightly less blade angle, and the beginning cutting surface, or "corner" if you will fully exposed? Anyone else experiencing this or anyone from G5 in here offer any insight?

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the stock photo of the head... However, if you open the heads up and hold the blades fully open, they look exactly like the stock photo. I will add another pic showing what I am talking about here in a second

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't see what the issue is? I shoot them and they perform very well. They open on impact and stay open the entire way. They also penetrate amazing in my opinion...I will be going after caribou and moose with it this September.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I don't see what the issue is? I shoot them and they perform very well. They open on impact and stay open the entire way. They also penetrate amazing in my opinion...I will be going after caribou and moose with it this September.
You must have some serious confidence in the penetration if you arent going to shoot a fixed head for moose..

·
Registered
35 Posts
You must have some serious confidence in the penetration if you arent going to shoot a fixed head for moose..
I am shooting 70 lbs., with 500 grain Aramid arrows, 18% FOC, and shooting good speed so my momtentum and energy are high. And I can tell you the T3 is penetrating my 18+1 Rhinehart target like a champ...and blasting these things into plywood is fun. No damage other than the clip. Now it is up to me to find the moose and get into range.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Those leading edges will be pused back and into the slots in the ferrule when you shoot, the resistance of passing through the animal will push them back.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All i needed to hear, Wasn't to sure if it was a problem. Like I said I tend to tear apart designs to attempt to find a flaw. And as far as the spider clip tension issues goes, you can use a spark plug gap tool to set them all to the exact same spot!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
maybe im just looking to deep into the design, but anyone else have any insight?
Just tune your bow & shoot a fixed blade head. :wink:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Its an all steel fixed blade, not half aluminum

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Its an all steel fixed blade, not half aluminum
Exactly. So obviously, I wasn't talking about them.

To further clarify my point, I'll offer you this fine example: Many people who hate mechanicals will willingly shoot broadheads made of aluminum, such as Muzzy. I would rather shoot a T3 than a Muzzy because I prefer steel over aluminum. The Strikers are great heads, but they are irrelevent to my point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts