Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody comment on the trigger on this crossbow? Is it heavy, creepy, etc. I'm talking about the "i" model with the integrated receiver, not the one that goes on your AR-15 lower.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
It is a standard, heavy AR 15 factory trigger. It is good but very heavy. Any AR15 upgraded trigger falls right into the bow though so you can put a VERY nice trigger in in about 15-20 minutes
Wyvern

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a standard, heavy AR 15 factory trigger. It is good but very heavy. Any AR15 upgraded trigger falls right into the bow though so you can put a VERY nice trigger in in about 15-20 minutes
Wyvern
Any idea about how much that upgraded trigger would cost and where to get one? Thanks.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Any gun shop...$125 and up

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If you can find a gunsmith that's in need of work right now, you might be able to get a pretty good trigger job for about $50.00 and up. Pull the unit yourself to keep the labor costs down.

If you're mechanically inclined, there are several good articles on the Internet on how to do it yourself even cheaper but you'll probably need a Brownell's spring kit also. The spring kit will make it much lighter all by itself. If you need to or want to smooth it out, you'll have to stone the contact surfaces. Don't be afraid to do it yourself if you think you can. Not too likely it will go full auto on you.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The trigger is the heart and soul of any weapon.
I disagree... Not every weapon has a trigger. ;)

A crossbow doesn't have to be able to shoot dimes to serve its intended purpose. When I'm still slappin'arrows at 50yds without a Geissele quality trigger, I don't need it or anything that resembles one. With my +/- 3lb trigger, I'm still patterning tight groups at 75yds.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Everyone has an opinion, myself being grossly uneducated in marksmanship and triggers etc. I took Iron Duke' s advice and started studying the matters and even though like I've always thought I can shoot pretty good, I am finding out that I can do a lot better I believe.
It all comes down to what you consider acceptable or your happy with. The more I delve into these subjects the more I see how much they are misinterpreted as being good and there are preferences involved too.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I disagree... Not every weapon has a trigger. ;)

A crossbow doesn't have to be able to shoot dimes to serve its intended purpose. When I'm still slappin'arrows at 50yds without a Geissele quality trigger, I don't need it or anything that resembles one. With my +/- 3lb trigger, I'm still patterning tight groups at 75yds.
That's true but a crossbow does! If all you've ever shot was a Ruger bolt action rifle then 5 lbs probably feels pretty good to you. Personally I shoot much better with a 3lb trigger with no creep than I do with an 8lb trigger that you have to drag 1/4" to make it go off:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts