Archery Talk Forum banner
3041 - 3060 of 3719 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
25,020 Posts
What are the issues people are running into when they aren't using a class 10 U3 sd card?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You name it....
Stops taking pics
Stops sending pics
Won’t update
Sends all grey pics....

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
You name it....
Stops taking pics
Stops sending pics
Won’t update
Sends all grey pics....
Guess I better get some new cards

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Ad Meliora
19,003 Posts
I have found that scheduling intervals led to problems....from my phone bogging down to (I believe) pics being missed or in the very least not sent. The ONLY times I had pics on my card that weren't transmitted to my phone were when I had it set on burst (which I expected) when I had it sent on interval delivery (which I didn't expect).

The most efficient settings I have found for my cams to capture and send everything to my phone.....on trails and other low traffic sites (rub/scrape) 1 pic per event with no delay and timely delivery....on higher traffic sites like a den or mineral block/food source....1 pic per event with 45-1 min per event.

I am of the belief that if the cam is set on no delay and capturing pic after pic after pic in rapid succession the cam gets bogged down with trying to capture the pic, process it and transmit it....

Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks. The highlighted section is what I was thinking I could accomplish WITHOUT timely...capturing pic after pic after pic (not burst, just no delay) and then transmitting them later when no daylight activity.

Your issue could have been caused by burst and not intervals, correct?

·
25,020 Posts
Perhaps but when I had it on intervals it would try to send all of the pics at that predetermined time, which I think caused/causes issues...I had one occasion when 25+ came it at the same time, but there were around 40+ on the card ... so 15+ never transmitted

·
Ad Meliora
19,003 Posts
Perhaps but when I had it on intervals it would try to send all of the pics at that predetermined time, which I think caused/causes issues...I had one occasion when 25+ came it at the same time, but there were around 40+ on the card ... so 15+ never transmitted
Ok I’ll have to monitor. Thanks for feedback. Just want to have it right before season.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Why wouldn't the time/date be automatically set, as it goes off the cellular server?
This is a great question, because after trying everything, including going out to the camera and pulling the batteries, resetting, reconnecting to WIFI, the date and time on my camera is not correct......It thinks it's January. I emailed Tactacam through their website on May 16th, and no response. Other than that its great. Guess I gotta call them...

·
25,020 Posts
Why wouldn't the time/date be automatically set, as it goes off the cellular server?
It does, it just has to be connected to a plan, not just the camera via WiFi...(at least that's what I think and i can't get anyone to tell me otherwise (lol)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It does, it just has to be connected to a plan, not just the camera via WiFi...(at least that's what I think and i can't get anyone to tell me otherwise (lol)
Mine is activated on my plan, it just doesn't update the time and date on the photos I receive .....I must have got a faulty one. I have been using my android phone to connect to it, maybe if I try the Ipad instead....who knows...
a921b394-4e36-4039-acf6-bd340be3099a.jpg

Pretty green looking for January 14th, hahahaha

·
Treetop Assassins
603 Posts
Has anyone noticed the 12v adapter that fit perfect in the original model doesn't fit very snug in the X? Are there specific adapter brands/types that would better work?

3041 - 3060 of 3719 Posts