Archery Talk Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1267 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
first Verizon one i bought is freaking awesome. set it up in less than 3 minutes. ordered another from Scheels last week and I can't get it to register and it shows no signal even though I've got 4 bars and I'm in the exact place i was when I registered my first. I'm gonna call customer service in a bit, I think I read here Verizon is having some issues is all. I have confidence Tactacam will get it right.

·
Registered
851 Posts
first Verizon one i bought is freaking awesome. set it up in less than 3 minutes. ordered another from Scheels last week and I can't get it to register and it shows no signal even though I've got 4 bars and I'm in the exact place i was when I registered my first. I'm gonna call customer service in a bit, I think I read here Verizon is having some issues is all. I have confidence Tactacam will get it right.
Shoot me a pm. I'll take a look at it on our back end. My guess is the bank is blocking payment.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Even though my cam said very strong signal I'm guessing it was searching most of the time. It went through fresh batteries in 5 days and maybe 30 pics.

·
Registered
16,152 Posts
Even though my cam said very strong signal I'm guessing it was searching most of the time. It went through fresh batteries in 5 days and maybe 30 pics.
You should take that one guy up on his, offers for his spypoint

My two reveals are, doing good ones been out two months still 90% battery but not on a, feeder, the other almost a month now and still 100% battery and, one, was next to another cell cam to check them both out and the reveal got every deer as, the other cell cam brand and I got the pics in under 60sec the other brand took up to 15-20 mins, to get the pics. Also the reveal gets hardly any pics with nothing in them unlike the other brand of cell I'll get tons of pics, from it with nothing in it.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
I’m enjoying my cams. Look they’re not perfect. I have had deer there and didn’t get a pic. But for the most part they work fine. U have to look at it as they’re $99 they’re well worth the price

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
You should take that one guy up on his, offers for his spypoint

My two reveals are, doing good ones been out two months still 90% battery but not on a, feeder, the other almost a month now and still 100% battery and, one, was next to another cell cam to check them both out and the reveal got every deer as, the other cell cam brand and I got the pics in under 60sec the other brand took up to 15-20 mins, to get the pics. Also the reveal gets hardly any pics with nothing in them unlike the other brand of cell I'll get tons of pics, from it with nothing in it.
Maybe you should take him up on it. Or better yet maybe you should worry more about yourself and less about me!!!
If I need your advice I'll rattle my zipper

·
Registered
16,152 Posts
Maybe you should take him up on it. Or better yet maybe you should worry more about yourself and less about me!!!
If I need your advice I'll rattle my zipper
Sounds like your just trying to bash a company to me, and get butt hurt when some ppl call you out. If you like your spypoint better then why not trade him? Maybe cause your just a douche and want to bash ppl. Most ppl on here already know your a toll and douche bag. Your always the guy that is a jerk or azz hat trying to act like your better then other ppl.
My guess you are not weaned off your mommy's tit yet and have issues.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Sounds like your just trying to bash a company to me, and get butt hurt when some ppl call you out. If you like your spypoint better then why not trade him? Maybe cause your just a douche and want to bash ppl. Most ppl on here already know your a toll and douche bag. Your always the guy that is a jerk or azz hat trying to act like your better then other ppl.
My guess you are not weaned off your mommy's tit yet and have issues.
[/QUOT
If by stating exactly what mine is doing is bashing then so be it.
I was looking more for suggestions from people who actually know what they're talking about rather then the peanut gallery sack swingers.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's possible something is wrong with the camera. Shoot me a pm and I will look at it.

·
Registered
22,546 Posts
So I finally have a Reveal.......sort of. A box arrived in the mail yesterday addressed to my wife and she opened it up in the kitchen....before remembering what was inside. She showed me the Reveal-Verizon she bought for my birthday present in late November as kind of a teaser. By the time that date rolls around, this thread is going to be 100 pages long with a ton of info to sort through. Have they been out long enough to affirm they work well in cold northern weather and temps? Any tips I can refer back to?

·
Registered
851 Posts
So I finally have a Reveal.......sort of. A box arrived in the mail yesterday addressed to my wife and she opened it up in the kitchen....before remembering what was inside. She showed me the Reveal-Verizon she bought for my birthday present in late November as kind of a teaser. By the time that date rolls around, this thread is going to be 100 pages long with a ton of info to sort through. Have they been out long enough to affirm they work well in cold northern weather and temps? Any tips I can refer back to?
Yes, these were tested all last winter with no issues with cold weather. I have a video coming on how to setup and use. Will hopefully get it finished next week.

·
Registered
80 Posts
BigTen or anyone else...can you explain the delay between photos...example...deer on camera under oak tree eating acorns...Only get one pic of it...I know that deer didn't sprint away after eating an acorn...I do not have my cameras on a delay...how long between pics if the camera is set to no delay? just seems odd..other non cell cameras i have would have taken 6-8 photos of that deer...just curious...
I am experiencing the same thing. Delay is OFF, but there is a 30s delay between photos that it takes. Happening on both cams I have. I double checked the firmware and I’m up to date. When I go into the Delay menu on the setup mode and turn it ON, I can’t adjust the seconds value. Hours and minutes can be adjusted, but seconds are fixed at :30.

Anybody else have this? Contacted customer service and was told replacement cameras can be sent. Don’t want to go through all that if there’s a fix.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing. Delay is OFF, but there is a 30s delay between photos that it takes. Happening on both cams I have. I double checked the firmware and I’m up to date. When I go into the Delay menu on the setup mode and turn it ON, I can’t adjust the seconds value. Hours and minutes can be adjusted, but seconds are fixed at :30.

Anybody else have this? Contacted customer service and was told replacement cameras can be sent. Don’t want to go through all that if there’s a fix.
The 30 seconds is how long the camera takes to take a picture, process it, send it, and reset. It will do this on every picture.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The 30 seconds is how long the camera takes to take a picture, process it, send it, and reset. It will do this on every picture.

Hey thanks for the response. Just so I'm clear - the camera will only take pictures every :30s, even with it set to no delay? If I switch it to once every 12 or 24hrs, would that mean it would only stop to process once per day?

EDIT: ... OK just figured it out myself there. Switched it to 12hrs only and now the camera is taking pics every time I move in front of it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey thanks for the response. Just so I'm clear - the camera will only take pictures every :30s, even with it set to no delay? If I switch it to once every 12 or 24hrs, would that mean it would only stop to process once per day?

EDIT: ... OK just figured it out myself there. Switched it to 12hrs only and now the camera is taking pics every time I move in front of it.
On single burst timely yes, every 30 seconds. On 12/24 it will take a picture every 5 or 6 seconds with no delay on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On single burst timely yes, every 30 seconds. On 12/24 it will take a picture every 5 or 6 seconds with no delay on.

So when the camera is in timely, it will only take a picture every 30 seconds? Or will it only send a picture every 30, but still take pictures while it’s sending?

Not sure if that makes sense?

If it takes those 30 seconds on timely I’m gonna run it in 12/24.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It can take any where from 20 seconds to a minute depending on a few factors. Memory card write speed and cell service signal strength are what affect the time. My cameras send a picture every 20 seconds, but I'm also running extremely fast U3 SD cards and I have a very strong signal. A slower sd card and a weaker signal might take 40 seconds etc.. it's not a set time, but generally it's around 30 seconds. For what you are wanting the 12/24 will be the best option. I believe they are working on an update to increase the options for 12/24 too. For example, every hour etc. Stuff like that, but I don't have the exact details on it yet

·
Registered
77 Posts
just want to tell u a funny story involving the reveal, my buddy has the app and my password so he receives my pics too, i have it set for every 4 minutes, so im sitting in my stand(a tripod) and it was 7:20 pm and im looking towards where they always come in to go to the feeder and i put my phone in a little hanging mesh bag so i can see when a text comes in, then i see the screen light up and its my buddy texting, it says SHOOT so i turn my head and look towards the feeder and there’s 4 does there, never heard them don’t even know how they got there, he saw them on the app before i did lol, but one of the was looking right at me and i couldn’t move so there was no way i could set up for the shot, next text comes in WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR, lol it got to dark to take a good shot so i just sat in the dark waiting for them to leave, i just sat there in the dark getting pics of what was happening at the feeder 25 yds away, after i didn’t get no more pics for a while i figured they left, we laugh so much about this, 2 days now when i leave the stand and as im walking to my house the pics start coming in of deer and bucks
so far i think this camera is awesome

·
Registered
851 Posts
just want to tell u a funny story involving the reveal, my buddy has the app and my password so he receives my pics too, i have it set for every 4 minutes, so im sitting in my stand(a tripod) and it was 7:20 pm and im looking towards where they always come in to go to the feeder and i put my phone in a little hanging mesh bag so i can see when a text comes in, then i see the screen light up and its my buddy texting, it says SHOOT so i turn my head and look towards the feeder and there’s 4 does there, never heard them don’t even know how they got there, he saw them on the app before i did lol, but one of the was looking right at me and i couldn’t move so there was no way i could set up for the shot, next text comes in WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR, lol it got to dark to take a good shot so i just sat in the dark waiting for them to leave, i just sat there in the dark getting pics of what was happening at the feeder 25 yds away, after i didn’t get no more pics for a while i figured they left, we laugh so much about this, 2 days now when i leave the stand and as im walking to my house the pics start coming in of deer and bucks
so far i think this camera is awesome
That's hilarious

961 - 980 of 1267 Posts