Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the proper place for this request, but I want to try and fill an elk tag before my 35th birthday (2020) but I have no idea what I'm doing. I won't have an elk tag for any state for the 2019 season, but I'm wanting to see if anyone has any desire to have someone tag along on their 2019 hunt to help carry gear so I can get some experience in tracking/spot and stalking. I have all my own equipment for backpacking.

Mods - if this post doesn't belong here, let me know and I'll close the thread.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey bud! So heres the deal I live in San Diego (Elk capital of the world) **sarcasm**.
I have a 2018 elk hunt planned and two for 2019. Only thing is... What kind of hunting are you looking for, that is, what kind of terrain are you trying to hunt in and what method are you trying to harvest an elk with?
My 2018 Hunt will be in Idaho where my terrain will be anywhere from open cattle grazing lands to rolling foothills to steep apline sprinkled with boulders.
My 2019 hunts will be the nortoriously dense oregon coast which is considerably steep and rainy.
The second hunt will be right back to the Idaho landascape described above.

All three of these hunts will be in the Archery season and they will be from 4 to 6 mile hikes into camp.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey bud! So heres the deal I live in San Diego (Elk capital of the world) **sarcasm**.
I have a 2018 elk hunt planned and two for 2019. Only thing is... What kind of hunting are you looking for, that is, what kind of terrain are you trying to hunt in and what method are you trying to harvest an elk with?
My 2018 Hunt will be in Idaho where my terrain will be anywhere from open cattle grazing lands to rolling foothills to steep apline sprinkled with boulders.
My 2019 hunts will be the nortoriously dense oregon coast which is considerably steep and rainy.
The second hunt will be right back to the Idaho landascape described above.

All three of these hunts will be in the Archery season and they will be from 4 to 6 mile hikes into camp.
I don’t meant to hijack this thread, but I’m in a very similar situation and I’m fairly close to you. I’m in WA and considering a OR tag this season but I’d be going in totally blind and solo. What are you proposing here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.