Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starving. Passed up four cows last season and am kicking myself right now. My first little one is due 7/20, not sure how much wapiti Ill get to chase. I'm hunting for meat this year. That is all.

·
RJ
3,336 Posts
Try basting the tag overnight in an onion soup mix in the fridge. The next morning, in a crock pot, throw in some tatos, carrots, scallions, two cups of pre boiled barley, 1 tsp winchester sauce, 1/2 diced red onion, a tsp of mesquite liquid smoke, and a can of beef broth. Cook on low to medium for 6-8 hours and it shouldn't be too bad. The good news is you are having your first crumb snatcher well before the fall elk season (nicely done and great planning).. Congrats on your first child Burnt. They're a blast and a blessing. I wish you and your wife a healthy, uneventfull pregnancy and a very healthy young hunter come July (all toes and fingers present for pictures)! Plenty of time to spend some time with the young Reynolds and plan your fall hunting season. Best of luck to you this fall. RJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts