Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a High Conutry Force Supreme (14 inch limbs) with hatchet cams, and get a tail low tear through paper. My TT is set to pick the arrow up for 1.5 inches befor full draw. My timing is perfect and my nock is even a good 1/4 inch above center of arrow. I have heard that the cord may have a dynamic effect on the cam timing during the shot though. Which cable do I have to put a twist in to change this problem? Has anyone ever heard of this before? Any other suggestions or comments? ACC-349s 67lbs 28inch

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Rod, It could be a few of the following...

*If your pick up cord is set level with the rest at brace, it could put a little side tension on the cable. Try to put a longer cord on at a few inches below the rest. This side tension on the cable may affect it some.
*I haven't used the ACC's for a while now. They're great arrows but could your 49's be a little stiff? Try to increase the lb or put a heavier point on it to note the difference. If these two things clean the arrow up, I'm suspecting a little stiffness in the arrows.

And bottom line is, don't rely on the paper tear solely. It's a great tool to use, but concentrate on the long distance grouping.

Check out my thread on the Trophy Taker, tuning secrets..

Bart Shortall

·
Registered
634 Posts
Anytime I have had a high or low tear that i couldnot control with knocking point adjustments told me that my timing was off . Try playing with the cables one twist at a time.

Doug Williams

1 - 3 of 3 Posts