Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been messing around to get my vxr 31.5 set up to how I like it. I started off with 27” mods and 70 pounds. It felt long with my stan Perfex as far as anchor goes. I swapped back to my finger puncher it felt a bit better as far as comforbility. It seemed to tune fine. I then swapped to a 26.5” mod and 70 pounds it seems to fit a bit better at full draw. I shot it though paper and get a tail right tear. Moved the rest all the way out To left still a tail right tear. Confused I hung it up for the night. I am shooting a axis 5mm 340 shaft with 100 gr tip. Am I over spined? Is my draw length too short causing the tail right tear? I just am unsure of what to do other than have to order a top hat kit since my dealer didn’t include them with the bow. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Arrow could be on the stiff side but more than likely you need to move the cam to the right if you can by flipping a top hat on top or bottom cam. Might have to move both cams to the right depending on how the top hats were set up from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Assuming your shooting form and grip are good you may need to swap top hats...

That being said I would first shoot a bare shaft arrow through paper starting at least 15 feet at a target setup at shoulder level and nock tune the arrow till I got a bullet holes or "best" tear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,592 Posts
Using at least two bare shafts and are they tearing the same?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If switching the top hats around, for example do I only swap the top hats on the top? Or do I need to swap the top and bottom at the same time?

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
If switching the top hats around, for example do I only swap the top hats on the top? Or do I need to swap the top and bottom at the same time?
You don't have to swap both.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Had this on my prime until i went to a stiffer arrow. I had a tail right that would only tune out if the rest was 17/16” which told me something was wrong. Centershot on this bow is 7/8” to 15/16” max.

Droped my axis 300 from a 125gr tip to an 85gr tip and bareshafts are coming out dead straight now with a 7/8” centershot. I also had to tweak the FlexisAR tension (this is special to prime bows, they have adjustment for the cable guide tension that can be used to tune left/right tears.

·
Registered
32 Posts
94B53988-E002-4E95-A774-29683978276A.jpeg
I had the same problem with my Traverse. I started swapping the top hats that came with it and was able to get bullet holes with centershot at 13/16”

1 - 9 of 9 Posts