Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first YouTube video. I wasn't sure what I was doing, but it apparently worked.

In the video I am shooting my Scorpyd Orion Extreme 160. I recently put an HHA Optimizer Speed Dial on it and had to be sure my 20-yard zero is correct, before I complete the setup. So I shot this video while I was doing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86PMW8k8KmY&feature=youtube_gdata

Bobby

· Registered
5,951 Posts
Nice shooting. One thing though, you awful brave to be shooting towards that car...

· Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice shooting. One thing though, you awful brave to be shooting towards that car...
Nope, just confident. The bow is dead-on accurate

· Bringer of truth
15,110 Posts
nice job...looks like your shooting quite well.

· Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great video, awesome bow! What kind of tripod is that? I really like the way it worked in your video.
Any tripod will do, but the head is a Bogen / Manfrotto Model # 3265 / 222 Joystick Ball Head. That's what you need, Also, there's a bracket that can be had from Scorpyd.com that is needed to attach the bow to the Ball Head.

· Huntoholic
10,860 Posts
Good Job,,, the Video and the shoot'n,,,

· Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I shot twice today at the 60 yard target (60 yards is a lot farther away than I imagined), just to see if I was on target. Set the Optimizer to 22 (recommended for arrows of my speed), crossed my fingers and pulled the trigger - both arrows struck the target in the center - what a relief. The 2 arrows were BEE's, one with a 100 gr. field point and the other with a 125 gr. point. Both hit well in the center of the target, but the lighter arrow hit about 3-4 inches above the other. I'll be going for broke with the BEEs tipped with 100 gr. field points. Trajectory is a tad flatter. I got some 100 grain Grim Reapers coming from Jerry of South Shore. I already have some 100 gr. Rage 2-blade Broad heads.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna take my time and shoot "for record" at 60 yards. I'm being videoing to share with you all. I'm gonna buy some small white paper plates and attach them to my target.

· Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is a cool video. What sort of cocking mechanism is that, that you wind to cock the crossbow? I have a son in a wheel chair and he would love to be able to shoot a crossbow. That cocking mechanism would help!
It is called an AcuDraw. It came with the Scorpyd Orion Crossbow. I think it is made by Ten Point.

· Arrow Whisperer
11,164 Posts
It is called an AcuDraw. It came with the Scorpyd Orion Crossbow. I think it is made by Ten Point.
Yep, Tenpoint makes that for Scorpyd.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.