Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there many bowyers offering a t/d bow wth a two piece option? I am looking for a different option, I have a three piece kota and love the way it shoots(smooth), but would like to try a 2 piece t/d. I am afraid I will loose something(with the three piece), at the worst possible time. Washers, bolts, allen wrench. I know there are some of you saying take your time. I like the option of a two piece no wrench t/d, anybody else?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
There are a couple of ways to get a 2 piece. The bow bolt is fairly new and from what I am told works real well. Bevelocs can work loose over shooting especially with heavier bows. The jack knife system is used by Great Northern , but I haven't had personal experience with one of those type breakdowns. Black Widow uses a syatem similar to the beveloc with their LBs, but I haven't heard of theirs having any problems.

Lot's of choices, have fun deciding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2 pc. takedown

Shawn:

I like you have been considering a 2 pc. takedown.

Don;t know if I will like it, so listen to my thinking. I have bought some really good bows on classified and Ebay, I was thinking about find a 1 pc. that I like and having someone install this system http://64.176.194.87/tbb.html It is the Bow Bolt from Warren Archery, Haven't heard anything bad about it and seems to be a pretty good system. When it was being developed I heard/read some interesting and good reports.

Looks like if you found someone good with precise woodwork, you could convert a bow for a pretty reasonable price - the Bow Bolt it self is $95.00.

waterone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts