Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of each? I own both and other than the one piece being faster/easier to get ready to shoot, and the compactness and ability to change limbs on the takedown, I dont see any real differance. What am I missing? Also what is your choice and why?

(Can you tell I am thinking about getting a new bow?:lol: )

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Mass weight

The risers on takedowns tend to give more overall mass weight to the bows making them more stable, less vibration/quieter and thus more accurate for many shooters. Convenince of travel also if you ever plan on hunting any distance from home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking to replace an old Bob Lee TD stolen from my truck, and the ability to have different limbs for one riser always appealed to the cheapskate in me.

(even tho I was too cheap to spring for the extra limbs, but you get what I'm sayin).

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
NorthCountryVT said:
Looking to replace an old Bob Lee TD stolen from my truck, and the ability to have different limbs for one riser always appealed to the cheapskate in me.

(even tho I was too cheap to spring for the extra limbs, but you get what I'm sayin).
For what some bowyers charge for limbs its not much more expensive to buy another bow.:tongue:

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
I like the ability to take one down and transport it on my motorcycle during hunting season and for tournaments.
My no-name recurve is currently being used as a test mule to develop a system for cycling with it onboard.
But, I like a nice TD bow, for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts