Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am just wondering if any of you guys ever loaded the VEM's on your martin bow with anything like mathews uses brass and aluminum? i loaded mine with 45 caliber 250grain hollow point bullets and they fit perfect and it may just be me but the very little vibration the Bengal had it all but done away with. tell me if you have tried it i am curious.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
TREESTANDSNYPER said:
Yes I've done it. I used 2 .50 cal Power Belt bullets in each VEM. They fit like they were made to be there.
I been wondering what to do with those Power Belts!!!:) :wink:

·
Banned
910 Posts
I tried the exact same thing with .50 cal powerbelt muzzle loader sluggs. I think a smaller dia will slip out too easy.Even the 50's you have to watch because they will start slipping out after shooting for a while.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
steelydan said:
WE WANT PICS / WE WANT PICS... what is a VEM ? (rookie question)
VEM stands for Vibration Escape Module, Martin uses them on their risers to add in eliminating vibration. Basically a soft rubber piece that fits in a machined hole in the riser. The new Omega V VEM on 2006 Martin has a weight already suspended in it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i used this 45 caliber slug and shoved it up in there and couldnt hardly get it out to take this picture. it seemed to work too but it might just be me. then this is what it looks like when its shoved in there. i think it looks pretty cool too, its something different than all my friends.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Maybe take a look at Martin's website. They have what they call Omega VEM's that have ball bearings molded into the rubber. They fit the same hole as the regular VEM's. They came out with them last year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts