Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a bunch on the market and I’m sure they are all good bikes but anyone have real world experience with e bikes for hunting? I’ve read a bunch of online magazine reviews but would Ike feedback from you all. What are some things to consider other than motor size? (I’m leaning towards 750) I will be using it to check trail cams, getting to stands etc. probably no more than a mile or two one way in. I’d like a durable one that can withstand rain, mud, dirt, travel through cut corn field, small streams, etc. like to stay in the $3000 max range. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I bought a Rambo 750 on clearance last year.I've had issues with the Sturmey archer hub but they did send me a new one and it's been fine since.It's OK and probably worth what I paid but it's just OK.I pre-ordered a M2S ultra last month but haven't recieved it yet.I'm hoping for $2700 it's worth it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Anyone have experience with these https://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrover-electric-fat-bike attractive price point but you get what you pay for
My wife has a Rad eBike, although a different model than the one you've linked to. They seem to be a good company. The Rad Rover is more designed for the urban rider, but is capable of limited riding on rougher surfaces. Not an all terrain bike, but may well suit your needs. One thing that you might change is the fenders. Having grown up in Marion County Iowa I know what happens when you ride a bike or motorcycle that has low clearance fenders through Iowa clay.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
You MUST have a SITKA outfit on while riding a $3000 ebike or you ain't COOL

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You will want a mid drive motor for the power and torque ! I would also look for a 30 -36 tooth front sprocket for more torque and less speed ! You will definitely want hydraulic brakes, fenders and one of the most important things is et the biggest battery you can ! like 52v - 21ah to assure you don't run out of power !
Your battery is like your gas tank the higher your volts the fuller your tank and the higher your amp hours is what you will can use ! Go to Lunacycle.com and scroll down through to the battery info and read it for a better understanding of how it works. Also get some dielectric grease and put some on all your wire connections to help keep them water tight ! Also make sure you get the correct display if you upgrade your battery !! I built my own bike ! I use it exactly for what you want yours for and it works great and cuts down on allot of time !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts