Archery Talk Forum banner

Talon Grips on my Stan

431 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  sdmc530
I just wanted to post a couple photos of some grip work I did on my Stan releases. I had one slip from my hand so I wanted to add some texture. I use Talon Grips on my handguns so I ordered a square of it. Cut some strips and used some heat to shape them. It feels like sandpaper on the hands but it’s never gonna slip!!! Very thin! I also added some to my bow grip as well.

Attachments

Reactions: FeeFeeFro
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10,404 Posts
I did the same to my HBC Flex. I have hunted with it and shot 3D in all weather conditions and it hasn't worn out or moved on me at all.

I like how it gives a little grip but it's not too sticky. Still allows my hinge to rotate smoothly. Good stuff.

· Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it stay in place for you? I tried this with another version of the same grip tape on my SX3 I have issues with it shifting on the smooth metal. I removed it.
So far no issues but it’s new. Did you heat it after installing? I feel like that’s an important step and also helps it mold better. I used the granulated style.

· NOOBY
2,311 Posts
So far no issues but it’s new. Did you heat it after installing? I feel like that’s an important step and also helps it mold better. I used the granulated style.
No mine was a different brand, but I didn't heat it. I cleaned and used some alcohol to clean the surface. Worked great at first but after a really hot session outdoors it was shifting around on me.

I may have to try it with this brand again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts