Archery Talk Forum banner

Tap numbers dont jive

332 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  TAP
I have ran 2 setups on tap and they do not jive with the chrono?
DLD 28.25" DL Pin-Peep 29.5" Peep-arrow 4.0"
51# Draw weight
String Loop
Peep

Cxl2 250 319.1 grains

Tap say 245.8 fps
Chrono says 264-dup1-dup2-dup3-dup4

Conquest4 Pin to peep 33 3/16" Peep-arrow 3 7/16"
30.25 Draw length
55# Draw weight
string loop
Peep
Ultralight pro xcutter 460 Grains
Tap says 242
Chrono says 231-232-dup1-dup2-dup3
Anyone got any idea on what I might be doing wrong?
thanks in advance
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,033 Posts
Could be calculated and actual speeds. I have this same issue with AA. But my marks are always right on the money! If they are off by anything at all, I just change my speed a bit. I haven't used TAP so I'm really not sure but thought it might relate to AA. God bless:wink:

· Registered
4,074 Posts
I have ran 2 setups on tap and they do not jive with the chrono?
DLD 28.25" DL Pin-Peep 29.5" Peep-arrow 4.0"
51# Draw weight
String Loop
Peep

Cxl2 250 319.1 grains

Tap say 245.8 fps
Chrono says 264-dup1-dup2-dup3-dup4

Conquest4 Pin to peep 33 3/16" Peep-arrow 3 7/16"
30.25 Draw length
55# Draw weight
string loop
Peep
Ultralight pro xcutter 460 Grains
Tap says 242
Chrono says 231-232-dup1-dup2-dup3
Anyone got any idea on what I might be doing wrong?
thanks in advance

Hi- thanks for using TAP. As always....TAP calculate everything is only as good as the publised MFG numbers. Here's how you can make TAP perfect for any and ALL changes to those bows....

Menu click Database utilities and click Edit Databases.
Click Calculate everything
Click on the Bow button
click Edit Database
Click the YELLOW Plus sign
Click 'Use my Specs'
Now enter into TAP the specs from above. and when done click the disk in the toolsbar to save the new bow.

Once you entered both bows. close the program and re-open. Now select Calculate Everything and select your new entered bow. It is found under 'My Bows' in the database unless you changed it.

What this does is enter your ACTUAL performance into TAP of YOUR bow. Now that this is done, any changes you make to draw length etc....TAP will Calculate it PERFECT....

I do have one question for you....if you KNOW your bows speed.....why are you not just using single speed and entering it for your tapes?????

One last thing. for registered users I now have online support where I can actually take control of your machine with you watching and I can walk you through some setups....The first one of these sessions is free. The follow-ups I will need to charge for. (Expensive tool! )

· Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have one question for you....if you KNOW your bows speed.....why are you not just using single speed and entering it for your tapes?????

QUOTE]

That is what i had to do was just wondering if I was doing something wrong? I will try to figure out what you said to do and see if it will work for "me" (computer iliterate)
Thanks for your help

· Registered
4,074 Posts

QUOTE]

That is what i had to do was just wondering if I was doing something wrong? I will try to figure out what you said to do and see if it will work for "me" (computer iliterate)
Thanks for your help
I am pretty sure you werent doing anything wrong. Using the calculate everything with the MFG's published spec is either a direct hit or a direct miss. The only other thing that can much this up not entering your ACTUAL MEASURED AMO DRAW LENGTH....NOT what the limb says....or someone 'told' you it was.... I just fell for that myself with my BowTech Captain....I used the BC of the bow and it was off about 15 f/s. I measured the DL and found even though the BC SAID 29" the bow was actually 29.875" Thats a BIG difference. That and the brace being off by 1/4" brought TAP within 1 f/s of the Chrono.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.