Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that target type bows still have the old school look (ex: long limbs, etc.)? Hunting bows have become shorter with parrallel limbs but target bows still have the same basic appearance of bows from 10+ years ago. I understand that longer ata and bigger brace heights are more forgiving and you can't change physics. If parallel limbs are so great why haven't target bows started to get the hunting bow look but in longer lengths? The only thing I can think of is the shear wieght of a longer riser that would be needed for a target bow w/ parrallel limbs. I am looking at target bows and trying to determine what features make for a good target bow (other than long ata and brace hieght). You see all of these adds for the latest and greatest hunting bows with the most advanced features that make them better than everyone else but these features don't seem to carry over to the target type bows. You would think it would be the opposite.

Brazos

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
you are right they would be heavier. There would really be no advantage to have the bows as parallel as the hunting bows, the reason for parallel limbs is longer riser which make holding steady easier, less noise and vibration. None of that matters with a target bow they already have a long riser and paper doesn't jump the string

1 - 2 of 2 Posts