Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I only shoot FITA, but because I'm too cheap, I buy camo bows.

Is it ok?

I'm planning on going to the LAS Classic in 2011, and just don't want to be "that guy", with the funny accent and the weird looking bow... if you know what I mean.

I'm the ONLY shooter here with camo, and people always stare at the bow like I'm some kind of terrorist or something ;)

PS: Is it only me who thinks that target colors shouldn't be extra?

:(

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If some have problems with the color of your bow, They have problems:( Most top end target shooters i know help to promote the sport and others participating.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I would think that camo should be higher, but its the way the do them. The target colors are more durable and are better quality. The camo is just a dip

·
Registered
242 Posts
As long as it hits what it is aimed at...why worry? I would LOVE to go someplace to shoot and have someone make fun of my camo bow...then send them to the car early!!!!!!!! :wink:

·
On a backstrap mission!
2,040 Posts
My 38 pro that im using for spots is camo, who cares?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Shoot whatever reaps the most X's and puts the most cash in your pocket

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I would think that camo should be higher, but its the way the do them. The target colors are more durable and are better quality. The camo is just a dip
Definitely. The camo finishes are second or third rate compared to powder coat or anodizing. Honestly, a urethane based automotive paint is much tougher than a camo dip.....I've done a couple myself. And film dips are FAST at the factories. They can do 100s of cheap dips per hour, while anodizing requires all tooling flaws to be gone and the metal to be polished before the longer, more expensive anodizing process even starts. That means someone's time is involved and you must pay for that.

Anyway, who would want an ugly ol' camo bow when they could be shooting a pimped out, fully customized, one-of-a-kind machine tuned to perfection? :dontknow:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Shoot the camo, and if you whip up on 'em they'll be starin' at ya for a different reason....heck, maybe you'll start a new fad! :wink:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Camo bow

I shoot 3d and I also use a camo bow. It's just a matter of personal preference for me, as camo is my favorite color. As for other people, they should not have a problem with someone shooting a bow that is not considered a target color. Being a different color doesn't make a bow shoot any better or worse. Feel no shame, keep your head up and shoot straight.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Mine is "ground blind" camo -- flat black.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your bow might even help you win if it psyches out half the competition. Maybe you should shoot in full camo.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Did you ever see the guitar greats(Jimi Hendrix, SRV,Willie Nelson and so on)
There Guitars are worn, and some have holes in them.It's not the way it looks,
but the way it performs, and works just for you. THATS WHAT MATTERS.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
AH just get some really obnoxious colored stabilizer for it and have fun..Randy

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Did you ever see the guitar greats(Jimi Hendrix, SRV,Willie Nelson and so on)
There Guitars are worn, and some have holes in them.It's not the way it looks,
but the way it performs, and works just for you. THATS WHAT MATTERS.
That's because they couldn't afford a new guitar; they spent all their money on Pot, Coke, and Schmack. :eek: :)

Doesn't Jeff Hopkins shoot a camo bow for competition ?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Rattlecan that sucker hot pink and neon green camo pattern then go in there and knock em on their butts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts