Archery Talk Forum banner

Target Pins

15467 Views 61 Replies 56 Participants Last post by  pipcount
What is every one useing to hold paper targets to the bales. The pins are range has don't last long rusty bent broke and just plan not great any ideas on what we could buy or make would be great. If you have any pic that would be great thanks guys
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
We just use a 6 inch piece of bailing wire that is bent into a u shape and 6" foam targets then stick it to the bails. we also put up a peice of mine belting behind the bails to help keep the arrows from going completely through the bails as well. But make sure you use a bullet round nose type of point otherwise if you shooting a power full bow it will stick into the rubber mine belt quite well.

· Registered
176 Posts
Plasic cap nails. Any home center has them.

· EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,880 Posts
What is every one useing to hold paper targets to the bales. The pins are range has don't last long rusty bent broke and just plan not great any ideas on what we could buy or make would be great. If you have any pic that would be great thanks guys
3" or so Double headed nails... They hold well and the double head acts as a handle grip to pull them out.

· Registered
2 Posts
I bought como burlap on clearance at wal-Mart for $5. Wrapped a piece around the front of hay bale and attached with ring shanked spikes on the sides (Brown side out, camo side in). spraypianted a target on the face with cheap paint. Works great, lasts way longer than paper. Snowed on it last week, dried out and kept on working.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.