Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a target for broadheads and field points. The target won’t be left outside. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,125 Posts
Rinehart 18-1 Broadhead Target, still shooting it after 5 yrs

s-l640.jpg

·
Registered
707 Posts
The 18-1 has my vote for a broadhead/field point target. Tough and portable. Can take out to back yard, local club, and/or woods and with ease.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,481 Posts
probably the oone above. or like it

do not buy a yellow or white bag with yellow and red circles, remember you pins are the same color. been there done that

·
Registered
900 Posts
Rinehart 18-1 gets my vote.

I just purchased another 18-1 to replace my old one that I’ve had for many years.
I couldn’t even imagine how many times I’ve shot that target with both field points and broadheads.
They aren’t real big for long distance shooting but for the average guy practicing before the season to hunt it’s all you will need.
No target can hold up to repeated broadhead shooting without damaging it but this one lasted a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,659 Posts
Rinehart Rhinoblock. It has a replaceable insert, so you'll never wear it completely out, especially if you bring it inside.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go get 3 sheets of white foam insulation cut them into 2’x2’ squares stack them on top of each other . Get 4 pcs of threaded rod and 2 8 foot 2x4’s cut 4 pcs about 2’ 4” long drill a hole in each end for the rod and make your own cheap Broadhead target that will last as long as any of those targets. I don’t think I’ve got $50 in the one I built and shoot bh’s in it all the time, easy to pull the arrow out too...Works great.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Anything by Rinehart is great for both. I am currently using the Rhinoblock and the Woodland block by Rinehart. The Rhinoblock has lasted me 3 yrs of shooting nothing but broadheads into it before not even a replacement core will help. But the foam that's left still stops any arrow I shoot at it. Got the Woodland block this past fall....it's a little tough to pull arrows out of but the thing is tough and holds up to abuse.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Broadheads will tear anything up, 18-1 gives you a lot of faces to tear up though. My blob has outlasted 18-1s for broadheads, but it’s a pain to pull target points out of. So for practice i shoot a bag target and just use the blob for broadheads.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Get a Matrix. The last target you'll ever buy...

Matrix Target.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts