Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the benifit to shooting the bladed rests over the drop aways? Is one more accurate than the other or is it a matter of tuning? What do you shoot for target?

· I'm nicer than I appear
8,178 Posts
limbdriver

The bladed rests supposedly stabilize the arrow better, I was of the same belief until I tried the limbdriver....best of both worlds IMO. It stays until the arrow longer than most dropaways, has adjustable tension like a bladed rest, then drops completely out of the way of the fletchings. Probably never go back to a bladed rest.

IMO

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Had a limbdriver on my Guardian when i had it and it was one great rest. Easy to setup easy to tune and verry acurate. IMO they are the best rest on the market for Bowtechs and other binary cam bows. Only reason i dont use one anymore is because i didnt like the way it setup on my Hoyt.

· I am nobody.........
8,668 Posts
I shoot Brite Site Pro Tuner rests on all of my target bows. Why? They are easy to setup, simple, fewer moving parts, and have very little to go wrong or potentially go wrong.

About the only thing to go wrong is the blade potentially getting bent, so I carry spare blades and if it happens I can fix it in seconds.

I know folks who have cords stretch on their drop aways which effects timing, have had drop aways not drop properly, or gotten dirt or grime in the springs which also effected the timing. I don't worry about those thing with a tuner style rest.

I see no difference in accuracy between a drop away and a properly setup pro tuner.

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
What is the benifit to shooting the bladed rests over the drop aways? Is one more accurate than the other or is it a matter of tuning? What do you shoot for target?
I shoot a Whammy with a blade on it. Best of both worlds. Doesn't work with some Hoyts though but great on my BT's

The Whammy doesn't put extra tension on the cable effecting the tune. And if the cord were to break or the rest malfunction then you still have a rigid rest.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
I don't like trusting a cord to keep my bow in tune.

Never have or had issues with vane clearance either.

With a rest that uses the launcher blade that is made out of spring steel, the blade is the thing that is the weakest link in the whole system and that is much, much better than a cord.

I have had a blade go bad on me and if I had experienced it before, I would have known to fix it right away. It is easier to know when a blade fails versus the cord. If the cord stretches or moves even 1/16, you have issues.

· Registered
49 Posts
I know a person who has the Limbdriver on his BT Commander, and he talked me into putting one on my BT Guardian. Those that have set-up their bows with this rest, it is easy to set-up and to get no contact with your vanes. I just ordered two more for my other two bows, the Limbdriver will be replacing an QAD and a trophy taker arrow rests.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can you shoot helical fletchings off the blade rests? I just can't make up my mind on this one blade or limb driver for strictly indoors!!!:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
2,109 Posts
I shoot a Trophy Taker Spring Steel and have the new Fusion vanes on my arrows with a right helical and have no problems at all. I have even shot my Maxima's with the bulldog nock collar on them off of my blade rest without problems. The blade rests are very forgiving in my opinion.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
KISS principle! Launcher blade rests are simple in design and there is less chance of a rest failure. Fewer moving parts, etc. They stabilize the arrow very well and work like they were designed. There is a reason most of the upper level shooters and serious target archers use them. For targets I like the Brite Site on my hunting bows I like the Limb Driver.

· Primum Non Nocere
6,447 Posts
can you shoot helical fletchings off the blade rests? I just can't make up my mind on this one blade or limb driver for strictly indoors!!!:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:

Yes... Many of us shoot 4" with as much helical as possible on a 26 or 27 diameter arrow and tuned properly (3/4 to 1 1/2 inch high tear at 6 to 10 feet) you have no worries.

I shoot a blade on my indoor and outdoor target bow and a Limbdriver on my 3d bow and hunting bow. My next 3D bow might end up with another blade just due to simplicity. Both are great rests. I have had my cord stretch and my blade get bent on my Limbdriver but the bent blade could happen on the launcher rest as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.