Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tox naildriver it came in a really cool plastic and foam lined case great for storage and transportation but when I put my scope on the sight it will not fit back in the plastic box?

1. What do you store your sight in when it’s not on your bow?

2. What is the adjustment (Horizontal) on the sight extension for and which setting should I use? (Some shoot with it all the way out and some with it in the middle position)

3. What position (Vertical) should I mount the sight to the extension Bar I thing you can mount on in 3 or 4 different places.

MAD

:confused:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a sure-loc challenger, it has a removable scope block, so I just take the scope off and store it all in the box. You can buy padded sight bags as well.

the horizontal postion is up to you. On my recurve I have it almost all the way out and for the compound it is about half way.
Their was a post on Archery-Forum by James Park about setting the extension to a point to minimise bow torque.

Set the vertical postions so that you get all your sight settings on the sight with a bit of adjustment left to go up or down

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
I mount the vertical so the scope is at the top of the bar for the close shots.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
the scope is removable, there should be a knob you twist that releases the whole thing without losing you settings.
you should take it off everytime you put it away, and clean lens.
hope this helps!!! :)

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
You could always buy a case that's a little deeper and cut out a spot in the foam lining for the scope housing. Just a thought

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sight storage

The Naildriver sight can be dissasembled by turning the lockdown nob all the way out from it´s threads, by doing so the entire horizotal adjustment bar can be separated from the vertical.

when this has been done you will have no problems storing it in in the acompaning case

my 0.02$

Magnus Edström

1 - 7 of 7 Posts