Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all you matrix guys, was wondering what kinda target stab setups you guys have? just ordered my matrix plus in red and want to get a really good balance. looking to get some length and weight stats. manufacture recommendations might help to. hoping not to spend another load of money on a setup i hope. can post some pics of your rigs if you would like.
Thanks for your input!:RockOn::rock:
Steve

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
all platinum on mine......

Attachments

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Right now I have the Doinker Fatty stabs on my Matrix and could not be happier. Less expensive then the most top of the line but better then most. Larger diameter just looks plain sexy with the Matrix lines. They also have a vbar or offset made just for the carbon bows.

vbar mount

·
Registered
22,697 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
hey all you matrix guys, was wondering what kinda target stab setups you guys have? just ordered my matrix plus in red and want to get a really good balance. looking to get some length and weight stats. manufacture recommendations might help to. hoping not to spend another load of money on a setup i hope. can post some pics of your rigs if you would like.
Thanks for your input!:RockOn::rock:
Steve
What is your DR, Bow#, Your hight and what type of shooting you going to do with it 80% of the time….3D, Indoor or Fita? Are you right handed? and what type of stabilizer system have you used in the past?…….Length and weight also ;)

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
There ya go, sounds like someone is working on a length/setup formula for you.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is your DR, Bow#, Your hight and what type of shooting you going to do with it 80% of the time….3D, Indoor or Fita? Are you right handed? and what type of stabilizer system have you used in the past?…….Length and weight also ;)
dr? unsure dl is 29-29.5 gonna shoot it at 60-62# 3D all the time, right handed, 5'11" tall, on my current bow i have a 28" dead center archery stab. no back bars( but would like them on my matrix when it gets here) the bbow alone weighs 3.8lbs and is 35 ata. thanks

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
dr? unsure dl is 29-29.5 gonna shoot it at 60-62# 3D all the time, right handed, 5'11" tall, on my current bow i have a 28" dead center archery stab. no back bars( but would like them on my matrix when it gets here) the bbow alone weighs 3.8lbs and is 35 ata. thanks
Ha ha sorry on the DR thing...... Darn iPad typos! With your specs and what you want to do with it I would go with a 30" front stab and a 12" side bar..... The 12" will help a lot compared to a shorter bar as you are able to use less weight. The side bar mount might just be one of the most important items on your bow as it is like the steering wheel for your bias balance. A good starting point for weight for you might be like 4oz on the front and 8oz on the back. Now what model would I recommend, well I am a big fan of our Elite line but the Fatty's have been very popular for the archer that like more than 6oz on the front and more than 10oz on the back. The platinums are very nice and the strongest system we have.....33% stiffer than the fatty and they are smaller in O.D. We accomplish this buy using a carbon that is four grades higher than what we use on the fatty rod. I hope this has helped a little and just remember what ever stab system you get do your self a favor and get something that allows you to tune it just the way you want and takes out vibes as well ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha ha sorry on the DR thing...... Darn iPad typos! With your specs and what you want to do with it I would go with a 30" front stab and a 12" side bar..... The 12" will help a lot compared to a shorter bar as you are able to use less weight. The side bar mount might just be one of the most important items on your bow as it is like the steering wheel for your bias balance. A good starting point for weight for you might be like 4oz on the front and 8oz on the back. Now what model would I recommend, well I am a big fan of our Elite line but the Fatty's have been very popular for the archer that like more than 6oz on the front and more than 10oz on the back. The platinums are very nice and the strongest system we have.....33% stiffer than the fatty and they are smaller in O.D. We accomplish this buy using a carbon that is four grades higher than what we use on the fatty rod. I hope this has helped a little and just remember what ever stab system you get do your self a favor and get something that allows you to tune it just the way you want and takes out vibes as well ;)
just on side bar not vbars? and for the weight on the stabs, is that over all weight?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttt
would like weights of your stabs to please

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
just on side bar not vbars? and for the weight on the stabs, is that over all weight?
No that's weight just on the end of the stab..... That is for just what I was talking about anyway. The weight that is shown in our catalog is for the stabilizer just how you see it.... Weights on the end and all, so the platinums look to be really heavy but there is 7oz of weights on there.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Here is a picture of my dad's CM+ with Fatty's and a prototype of the new Mount that Doinker is making for the CM. Keep in mind, the mount came from Doinker as bare aluminum and we put Alumi-Black on it which didn't turn out too well. Their Platinum mounts are awesome, solid as a rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how much is a set of fatties with vbar mount? 30" and 2- 12"

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
THE GUYS AT DOINKER ARE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD THE CHANCE TO CHAT WITH ERIC HALL AND HE WAS GREAT AND HELPED ME OUT BIIIIIIIG TIIIIIIIIIME . THEY HAVE THE BEST C.S . HANDS DOWN . THANKS AGAIN ERIC FOR YOUR HELP BUD :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ttt
looking for a bit more info

1 - 20 of 20 Posts