Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Tri-Village Bowhunters outside of Albany, NY. We have started a campaign called Targets for Troops. We have sent targets to 2 different units in Iraq and are looking for other units who would like some targets for an archery range. Please tell me your story and we'll see what we can do to get you set up...:teeth:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am currently on FOB Brassfield-Mora in Iraq and a fellow archer. We are on such a small base that we basically have a chow hall, a building to work out of and a bunch of mini trailer/containers to live in. Our down time is spent either in the "gym" or on a computer. I would love the opportunity to begin a small archery program as there are numerous bowhunters in my unit. Let me know what information you would need and hopefully we could work together and get something going. Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Targets Sent

First shipment was ordered today. Let me know when you both receive them.
Will ship more when we can.
Stay safe!! :D Enjoy and thank you for doing what you do everyday.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the support! :clap:
Never thought of bringing my bow to the sandbox but will definitely consider it next time! It'll beat throwing horseshoes while waiting on the jets to return!!
:aero:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Thats awesome; wish you would of posted this earlier..3 tours and targets were the hardest thing to get, usally made em ourselves or used layered cardboard boxes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently serving in Iraq @ FOB Warhorse. We constructed an archery range over here but have improvised with making targets out of recycled cardboard. I know we would all appreciate it if you would be able to send over some better quality targets. Let me know the info you would need from us. Take care and thanks for your support!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please PM me your address and information to send these too. I will try to see what we can come up with. We have been sending bag targets, blocks and paper targets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Targets

Just to update everyone..
To date we have sent targets to 4 different units overseas, with 3 more requests that just came in.

Want to let you guys that are still waiting know that we had a issue at our club recently and someone broke in and stole over $1200. We are only a small club, but we WILL raise more money. We will prevail. I will be in touch soon...

GOD BLESS YOU ALL & STAY SAFE!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.