Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
10 mps.? I don't think I ever saw any at wal mart, just the lower mp tascos. I remember the older ones, man they took some nice color pics at night. When you get it set up, send us some pics. I'd like to see what the 10mp can do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10 mps.? I don't think I ever saw any at wal mart, just the lower mp tascos. I remember the older ones, man they took some nice color pics at night. When you get it set up, send us some pics. I'd like to see what the 10mp can do.
I most certainly will. I set it up today overlooking a mineral rock so hopefully it won’t take the deer long to find it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was using Primos but the quality was going down, thinking manufactured in China? Tried a Toguard as it was highly rated, but many all black night pics and videos. Truying a Browning now... pricier, but maybe it will work!

Never tried a Tasco... people having good luck with them?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was using Primos but the quality was going down, thinking manufactured in China? Tried a Toguard as it was highly rated, but many all black night pics and videos. Truying a Browning now... pricier, but maybe it will work!

Never tried a Tasco... people having good luck with them?
I have 2 Browning cameras. No complaints about them on pictures but the video has a loud clicking noise on them while I'm watching videos. Idk what that is but it doesn't spook the deer so it's gotta be something inside the camera's. I got them on sale 2 for 75 bucks bout 3 yrs ago. I have the widgame innovations camera's too. I think they have the better pictures than the Browning and they were cheaper. There about the same age as the Brownings. Never buy a Moultrie tho. Worst customer service ever.Not only rude, I had to pay for another display screen on a camera only 3 weeks old. I put new screen in myself then that screen went out about a month later after I put tape over display screen( moultries excuse why it wasn't working) to keep the sunlight out. Now Pos takes pics, but no display screen. I threw it in my parts box a year ago and it's still there. I did tell that dude at Moultrie , you will never hear from me again because I'll never buy your products again and I will spread the word. He actually said, do what u gotta do then. I'll probably smoke some arrows at it for fun. Sorry so long, they just hit a nerve every time I think about it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might have gotten a dud. Went to check the camera today and it wasn’t taking pictures or doing anything so I removed the battery tray and reinserted it and now the camera is working. Not sure why it shut off like it did.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I might have gotten a dud. Went to check the camera today and it wasn’t taking pictures or doing anything so I removed the battery tray and reinserted it and now the camera is working. Not sure why it shut off like it did.
Ok maybe a battery was in backwards. I want to know your feedback b4 I go get one. Thx

Sent from my SM-J700T using Archery Talk forum

·
Registered
373 Posts
38 bucks for a 10mp? Man I need to run to Wal-Mart?
It's probably only a 3 or 5 mp sensor in the camera and then the rest of the pixels are made up by the camera, it's called interpolation. Best thing to do is set the MP's to native resolution of the camera (3 or 5), gives you the best picture for zooming and cropping.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I picked up the same camera from Walmart and it’s not too bad. I got mine for $25 though. Here’s a picture I got of a coyote with what looks like a fawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might need to move the mineral rock a little further away from the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hopefully bye next weekend I can get some shots with the 10mp.. I have been waiting on this guy to post more pics but have seen none. Best way to get a good image is use a cellphone card reader then screen shot it... I took out of pack and was taking good shots holding it up taking pics with cars driving bye.. plus we set it up today and the shots and range it was picking us up in the pic looked awesome was very impressed! Can't wait to check it and I will post them up when I do..

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've got four of them, 3 8MP and 1 10MP. They take good pics, but they miss some pics also. I've got one on a scrape, got some good pics, but then the scrape was scraped clean and no pics. Videos are not that great of quality, but for $28.00 (8MP) can't complain.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts