Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so stoked,been pestering the heck outta sid. have to say a very nice guy and a fantastic company to deal with so far. set of hex 5's will be sittin on my dalaa riser shortly. tryin to shoot for 50-53 lbs at 29 inches and should be a great bow. i just hate the waiting game for sure........like a lil kid at christmas! just hope the wait is not too long.wifes already tellin me to shut up hahahaha

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
I'm also considering a set of Hex5w for my Bernardini. Just trying to nail-down length and weight.

-Grant

·
Registered
204 Posts
I know the feeling. Just placed an order with Sid last week, 5 to 7 weeks left to go. think i will just do a lot of hunting to keep my mind off of the wait.

·
32,605 Posts
I'm gonna buy new 35lb limbs for my SAGE and then look at another stick bow. I'm thinking of a Samick Red Stag or ?......Just gonna try to upgrade some and get a nice piece of laminated wood. I'm considering trying the 35lb limbs and then choosing what I'd need in another bow.......I'd appreciate any suggestions........

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I'd love to get the Border Hex 6 limbs... just not sure I can justify the expense to my sponsor (wife).... LOL

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
tax time is great. thats how i bought my hunter bow longbow. the wait time sucks, even though i only waited like 2 or 3 months if that.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I'm gonna buy new 35lb limbs for my SAGE and then look at another stick bow. I'm thinking of a Samick Red Stag or ?......Just gonna try to upgrade some and get a nice piece of laminated wood. I'm considering trying the 35lb limbs and then choosing what I'd need in another bow.......I'd appreciate any suggestions........
if you want a good bit of versatility and want to stay with a recurve, I'd pick up a nice ILF riser and the limb choices for it are many

·
32,605 Posts
if you want a good bit of versatility and want to stay with a recurve, I'd pick up a nice ILF riser and the limb choices for it are many
I think I ran across the ILF risers at 3Rivers. Is that correct and if so I'll take a good look at them........

·
32,605 Posts
I went over to Trad Tech and I found two I like....the Apex 17" and the Titan 11 17". Both are attractive risers.....

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im diggin the titan too. but i thinki spent all my money in one place lol. think the wife would divorce me if i bout another riser too. sid told me 10-12 weeks wait time. i think ima go bonkers!

·
32,605 Posts
im diggin the titan too. but i thinki spent all my money in one place lol. think the wife would divorce me if i bout another riser too. sid told me 10-12 weeks wait time. i think ima go bonkers!
I understand that......right now with this new cabin I'm fixin up for my studio, I'm pretty well tied down but I know I'm gonna order me some new limbs for the SAGE and then I'll consider somthing else......

·
32,605 Posts
ya always too many hobbies or jobs and not enough money
I'm a Jack of all trades and a Professional of only one and thats my art and knife making.....Have to say Pro at that cause I've sold alot of both. But, having said that, I still don't have enough moola to buy all the toys I want......

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i hear ya there. i lost a really good payin job, right after i got married and had a kid. had to sell almost everything to make it work for us. so this is my big hoorah to replace it all. prolly my last toy for quite awhile. just hope they live up to the hype :)

·
32,605 Posts
i hear ya there. i lost a really good payin job, right after i got married and had a kid. had to sell almost everything to make it work for us. so this is my big hoorah to replace it all. prolly my last toy for quite awhile. just hope they live up to the hype :)
If money comes into play, you can't beat the SAGE. I think for the money it is a fine shooter and many on here have said that very thing. I'm not the least embarrassed to have the SAGE. It shoots alot better than I can. If I buy another bow it will be due to just wanting more than one. I could kick my butt for selling a really nice Bear Kodiak Special last year to a fellow in Colorado for $125.00. I miss it now!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya a sage is what i started out with, went thru alot of bows till i found this dalaa. now i can shoot anythin else. just wish they were a lil cheaper lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts