Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a real good taxidermist around the St.Cloud, Brainerd/Baxter and Crosby/Ironton area.

·
Registered
827 Posts
What type of animal are you looking to get done?

I know a good one in West Central Minnesota called Toad Lake Taxidermy, but that is a couple hours drive away from the area you described.

Besides being a great taxidemist, he is an outstanding hunter too.

The guy's name is Mark Arnold and his phone # is 218-847-2537

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cooter144 said:
What type of animal are you looking to get done?

I know a good one in West Central Minnesota called Toad Lake Taxidermy, but that is a couple hours drive away from the area you described.

Besides being a great taxidemist, he is an outstanding hunter too.

The guy's name is Mark Arnold and his phone # is 218-847-2537
Deer mount. Im going to hunt a buddies place and he has some good bucks.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The very best in this area is Anderson Taxidermy located between C-I and Brainerd off the Deerwood shortcut. I honestly wouldn't go anywhere else. Call him up, he is a great guy and a true artist.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You would not be disapointed with a whitetail mount from Toad Lake Taxidermy. He does an excellent job...very life like.

I will say that he is normally very busy though due to the amount of business that he gets, so it can take a year if not longer to get the mount back.

Here is one that he has done for me. I am waiting on another one from last year.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
You know you're jinxing yourself when you find the taxidermist before you get the big buck, right? JK :)

Good luck, there are some nice bucks in Minnesota. I know, they outsmart me most every fall... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. When your from out of town you need to get things like this taken care of. I'll be up there the last week of Oct. to shut down my house and do a little hunting. I've never sat in a stand all day.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ringy said:
The very best in this area is Anderson Taxidermy located between C-I and Brainerd off the Deerwood shortcut. I honestly wouldn't go anywhere else. Call him up, he is a great guy and a true artist.
Is this place your talking about?

Anderson Taxidermy
18785 Tower Rd
Ironton, MN 56455-208
(218) 546-8186

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
He's not in MN, but I'm guessing he wouldn't be much out of your way on the way back to CO. Todd Kranau is the very best that I've ever seen and has won many awards, including world champion for his head mounts. Google him and you'll see. His info is:

Masterpiece Taxidermy
530 W Gage St
Blue Hill, NE 68930
Phone: (402) 756-2550

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jwoods said:
He's not in MN, but I'm guessing he wouldn't be much out of your way on the way back to CO. Todd Kranau is the very best that I've ever seen and has won many awards, including world champion for his head mounts. Google him and you'll see. His info is:

Masterpiece Taxidermy
530 W Gage St
Blue Hill, NE 68930
Phone: (402) 756-2550
Its not that far from I-80. Just not sure how long a head would keep without a cooler.

·
Registered
826 Posts
vpier said:
Is this place your talking about?

Anderson Taxidermy
18785 Tower Rd
Ironton, MN 56455-208
(218) 546-8186

Yup, that's him. His first name is Bob. He's done many deer, bear and fish for me. You won't be dissapointed. I'm thinking he's 12 miles east from Brainerd on 210 to the Deerwood shortcut, 1/2 mile on the shortcut, then 1 1/2 miles south down the Tower Road. He is about 2 miles south of me.

Ringy

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ringy said:
Yup, that's him. His first name is Bob. He's done many deer, bear and fish for me. You won't be dissapointed. I'm thinking he's 12 miles east from Brainerd on 210 to the Deerwood shortcut, 1/2 mile on the shortcut, then 1 1/2 miles south down the Tower Road. He is about 2 miles south of me.

Ringy
Actually my lake home is in Fifty Lakes. Ironton isnt to far. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
dewey schmidt in wadena mn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts