Archery Talk Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1209 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just got permission from an alfalfa farmer near me to shoot anything and everything. Gonna take my son to hang cams and stands tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds promising!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Just got permission from an alfalfa farmer near me to shoot anything and everything. Gonna take my son to hang cams and stands tomorrow.

Sounds very promising. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Good news is a new buck showed up today. Bad news is he has a bad limp on his front left and has already dropped his left side

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I wonder what his injury is from

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Just did a scout on some new public and there is alot of deer in there, and no boot tracks. This might work for a doe. Buddy also found a spot with some standing corn that they are pounding. So this wknd something should give us some points. Not gonna be picky on horns so there is that chance as well.
Good luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Well that was a letdown. There is tracks everywhere, my boot tracks where i scouted yesterday were new deer trails. I seen 1 half rack buck and another unknown. Will try the am, maybe that is the ticket.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Good luck everyone.

I’m out here on the hardest hunt of my life, but I’m taking it until the end!

We are so close on the three peat. This is where those last minute kills on the last hunt of the year make or break it.

I think we are down 50 points right now. We got that

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Really liking this new property to hunt. Going to get after it in the am and on tomorrow. Hung a set with a big scrape to my left and rub to my right

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Really liking this new property to hunt. Going to get after it in the am and on tomorrow. Hung a set with a big scrape to my left and rub to my right

Nice setup!

No deer hunting for me having to much fun with the hounds.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Who is turkey agent! He part of our team lol

Anyone heard anything from Turkey Agent? He's been awfully quiet on the team thread this year.
keep at it, you’ll get one down. It’ll be worth it in the end! I wish I was still out there, seeing or not seeing deer. Enjoy and good luck.
Well that was a letdown. There is tracks everywhere, my boot tracks where i scouted yesterday were new deer trails. I seen 1 half rack buck and another unknown. Will try the am, maybe that is the ticket.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Seen 9 this morning. 4 came thru right at first light. The lead doe was at 30 yds, i came to full draw waiting for that step to clear a sapling. My hands froze out and i could no longer hold. I ended up drawing 4 times on her and the last time when letting down my elbow bumped the tree and i touched off the thumb release. Arrow lobbed out there. Lol what a crap show. There in there thick, i will get one yet. It was 9 degrees this am. Next two mornings negative temps. I will throw another hunt in there before work.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Who is turkey agent! He part of our team lol

keep at it, you’ll get one down. It’ll be worth it in the end! I wish I was still out there, seeing or not seeing deer. Enjoy and good luck.
Oh its fun, just rather shoot them when it was fall. Wife is going back to school and then works weekends all fall. So i am with the kid, so outside of my rutcation i never went all fall. She is on school break so here is my chance. Lol

·
SuperToon'd
12,131 Posts
According to my calculations , the next deer or two will probably win this thing. Good luck to everyone. Let's get it!

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Looks like it might all come down to if you get another deer Mike. Good luck, I'm rooting for you. K
According to my calculations , the next deer or two will probably win this thing. Good luck to everyone. Let's get it!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Looks like it might all come down to if you get another deer Mike. Good luck, I'm rooting for you.
Actually it looks like we're going to need atleast 2 more does plus Maxemus's upgrade to have any chance. Team 10 has a buck entered that still needs to be scored. It's probably around 115".
My season is done, so I'm pulling for some of you other guys to get it done...
Good luck fellas!

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
It looks like a cool place to hunt right there, reminds me of a YouTube video I saw of a guy hunting Iowa and some public land that they had cleared like that for hunters. Anyway, anything, even some mangy Doe would be awesome! Good luck, be safe, have fun.

961 - 980 of 1209 Posts