Archery Talk Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1126 Posts

· Registered
2,506 Posts
Well fellas, 2022 was not one for the ages unfortunately. The Mrs knocked down a pretty good one last week while I was prepping for a colonoscopy. :rolleyes: Today I’ll break out the rifle to get a couple does knocked down for the freezer. Sorry for not contributing to a team two years in a row.
View attachment 7768383
Congratulations to your wife! That’s a great buck.

I feel ya though KS, I still have about 10 days to fill some doe tags, but this was my slowest season in about 7 years..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
Hoyt Ventum 30 / PSE Levitate
503 Posts
Hey guys. I’m not abandoning y’all. I’m still hunting until the end of January but have decided to get rid of all social media/ news for the next 30 days. Going to work on learning new things and reading some books instead of staring at a phone screen. It’s not a good bye but a see y’all later. Hope to come back at have a couple awesome stories to tell. See y’all next year!!!!

That's also been part of my absence. Started college back up. It has been hectic in my house.

Thanks everyone but didn't see anything but a lot of other hunters on my last hunt.

· Registered
560 Posts
Sorry I've been MIA. Wife had our second on Dec 20th, then the holidays, and readjusting to having another little one has me not in the woods as much.

Face Skin Head Product Comfort

Been gun hunting some to just try and maximize my success since my time is much more limited now. I did bow hunt a few times and had one of my good bucks at 30 yards standing behind a little cedar for close to 6 minutes before he decided he didn't like something enough to turn around. Heartbreaking.

The rut is in full swing here now. I killed this guy with a rifle chasing a doe wide open last Saturday. There was another buck with him about the same size just seemed like a little less mature deer. I know this ain't a high scoring midwestern giant but this is a pretty solid mature deer for our area. Freezer is looking better now, so back to the bow for the remainder of the season. I have until Feb 10th and I've still got one buck tag. I've been passing does like crazy within bow range with the rifle so hopefully I'll get my second doe. I just hate to shoot them as we're leading into rut cause I want the live bait.

Plant Hunting Deer hunting Tree Trophy hunting

Plant Hunting Deer hunting Tree Carnivore

Terrestrial animal ground squirrels Tail Soil Marsupial

· Registered
2,506 Posts
Sorry I've been MIA. Wife had our second on Dec 20th, then the holidays, and readjusting to having another little one has me not in the woods as much.

View attachment 7775461

Been gun hunting some to just try and maximize my success since my time is much more limited now. I did bow hunt a few times and had one of my good bucks at 30 yards standing behind a little cedar for close to 6 minutes before he decided he didn't like something enough to turn around. Heartbreaking.

The rut is in full swing here now. I killed this guy with a rifle chasing a doe wide open last Saturday. There was another buck with him about the same size just seemed like a little less mature deer. I know this ain't a high scoring midwestern giant but this is a pretty solid mature deer for our area. Freezer is looking better now, so back to the bow for the remainder of the season. I have until Feb 10th and I've still got one buck tag. I've been passing does like crazy within bow range with the rifle so hopefully I'll get my second doe. I just hate to shoot them as we're leading into rut cause I want the live bait.

View attachment 7775457
View attachment 7775460
View attachment 7775465
Congratulations on the baby! It’s a wild ride! Seems like yesterday my first was born and now she’s starting to walk.

Great buck too!

My season ends the 15th. It’s antlerless only, but hopefully I’ll be able to tag one or two this weekend!

· Registered
560 Posts
Congratulations on the baby! It’s a wild ride! Seems like yesterday my first was born and now she’s starting to walk.

Great buck too!

My season ends the 15th. It’s antlerless only, but hopefully I’ll be able to tag one or two this weekend!

This is #2 for me and the final one lol.. Second is definitely a little easier than the first but I think it’s cause you know what to expect.

· Registered
Hoyt Ventum 30 / PSE Levitate
503 Posts
This is #2 for me and the final one lol.. Second is definitely a little easier than the first but I think it’s cause you know what to expect.
I said the same thing. Then the wife came back to the camper drunk and wouldn't go to sleep. Now I have three. Wife had her tubes tied on the last one though.

· I am my own affliction
2,606 Posts
My seasons over. It’s the first season I didn’t kill a buck since 2015. I did get a new one on cam last evening of the season. Maybe next year! Good luck if you’re still at it.

1101 - 1120 of 1126 Posts