Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Pay It Forward
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the 19th Annual AT Deer Contest!
Below is your team for the 2022-2023 season. These contests are designed for everyone to have fun and not take things too seriously. Let's all have a safe and successful season! Use this thread for discussion purposes, sharing trail cam pictures, etc. amongst your team members. After your team has a majority on a team name, have one member of your team post the team name in the Team Name thread.

Remember the 4 S's = Shoot Straight, Stay Safe
Good luck everyone
Joe

bonez
12​
CBB
12​
Cornbread
12​
DrewWilliams
12​
Du4antlers
12​
floater
12​
Gene94
12​
Hidden Danger
12​
Idabowhntr
12​
jsboss2
12​
jstephens61
12​
kickedaside05
12​
KSQ2
12​
Mcdonaldm15
12​
silasbowhunter
12​

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I’m headed to a tree this morning to see if I can shoot a pig. We have some on a small spot that doesn’t normally have pigs so I’m going to see if I can put an arrow through one. The one in the picture has been in front of the camera right after daylight the last few mornings and today the wind is right. There is also a group of 8-10 smaller ones so I’m not going to be picky and hope to make something bleed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have checked in but wanted to introduce myself. I live west of Atlanta about 25 miles from
The Alabama state line. I love to hunt and shoot my bow. This will be my 31st season bow hunting and hopefully should put some points on the board. I have access to several properties in the city limits of Atlanta and other urban spots. Quite a few big deer but they are just as hard to kill as anywhere but I’ve had good luck the last few seasons.

I’m going to Maine bear hunting the last weekend in August. I also have a Kansas and Illinois tag.

I hunt with an 07 Bowtech Allegiance that is a proven killer. I’ve had many newer bows but this one is my hunting bow. I’ll shoot a lot of different broadheads but my favorites at slick trick mags, grim reaper pro 4 blades, and qad exodus.

The deer contest is my favorite part about archery talk. I’ve made some good friends throughout the years and the best teams I’ve been on are the ones that post a lot. It’s nice to keep up with everyone’s season. This year I’ll get to hunt deer from September 10th- January 31st. We have several pieces of property that have bachelor groups of bucks on them but once they shed most will relocate and we might pick up some different ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Hoyt Ventum 30
301 Posts
Hi everyone. Got the archery bug a couple years ago and it has gotten worse. As much as I like it I still want the meat in the freezer so I also use rifle during allowed times. This is also my first time participating in this on AT.

My schedule hunts so far this year are:

Nov 5-15 Ohio whitetail archery only. This is on private land with some big bucks running around. I'm hoping I hit the rut and can put some points up for us. I've never measured for any points so I'll need to figure that out.

December 31st - January 1st Barbary sheep NM.

December 17th-18th mule deer NM.

December 10th-14th elk NM. Going to take the bow on this but it is any legal weapon hunt. So a rifle will be my backup if I can't get in close enough.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts