Archery Talk Forum banner

Team #14 - 1 four Whatever

16607 406
Welcome to the 19th Annual AT Deer Contest!
Below is your team for the 2022-2023 season. These contests are designed for everyone to have fun and not take things too seriously. Let's all have a safe and successful season! Use this thread for discussion purposes, sharing trail cam pictures, etc. amongst your team members. After your team has a majority on a team name, have one member of your team post the team name in the Team Name thread.

Remember the 4 S's = Shoot Straight, Stay Safe
Good luck everyone
Joe

alex.vogel99
14​
bamabowhunter19
14​
baz77
14​
Buxndiverdux
14​
hdrking2003
14​
Ishi Spirit
14​
jeffrichards
14​
jwg1976
14​
Kevin2
14​
lazyhubby70
14​
Mbatson
14​
pointndog
14​
skeet16
14​
skinner2
14​
V Man
14​
1 - 20 of 407 Posts

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Checking in from South Dakota.

Think ive been on a team with a few of you guys before. I won't be able to hunt quite as much as past years, we welcomed our first child to the world July 21st. I'll still get out a fair amount though. Usually I am super picky so many years I don't shoot a buck, but I probably won't be so picky this year.

· Registered
8,544 Posts
Congratulations on your first baby!

Best thing going on the planet in my opinion. When my first child was born my wife at some point told me I was gonna start having to help out around the house a little more with the baby and all that jazz, so I made a deal with her, I told her I’d sell all my guns, my Bows, my snowmobile, my boats, everything but my golf clubs! Which I ended up doing, and the only thing I did was golf nine holes on Wednesday night and 18 holes on Saturday for several years when the kids were really small!

Then slowly but surely I started introducing all that stuff to my kids, had them shooting bb guns and bows by the time they were 4-5 years old, they got fishing poles and golf club’s for the first birthday and Christmas presents, bows soon after!
They are all grown now, one is coming in town next week from Japan for my daughter’s wedding, first thing we’re doing go fly fishing, go golfing, and shoot the bows at the house! It all goes by so quickly, my best advice is to spend every waking moment with them. Smartest thing I ever did.

Checking in from South Dakota.

Think ive been on a team with a few of you guys before. I won't be able to hunt quite as much as past years, we welcomed our first child to the world July 21st. I'll still get out a fair amount though. Usually I am super picky so many years I don't shoot a buck, but I probably won't be so picky this year.

· Registered
8,544 Posts
I’ve been so busy getting my house ready for my daughter’s wedding here, I haven’t put up any cameras. However I’ve spent a ton of time scouting old and new ground. I’ve only got one month till my opener!
Checking in Fellas. Prospects are looking good for this year.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Congratulations on your first baby!

Best thing going on the planet in my opinion. When my first child was born my wife at some point told me I was gonna start having to help out around the house a little more with the baby and all that jazz, so I made a deal with her, I told her I’d sell all my guns, my Bows, my snowmobile, my boats, everything but my golf clubs! Which I ended up doing, and the only thing I did was golf nine holes on Wednesday night and 18 holes on Saturday for several years when the kids were really small!

Then slowly but surely I started introducing all that stuff to my kids, had them shooting bb guns and bows by the time they were 4-5 years old, they got fishing poles and golf club’s for the first birthday and Christmas presents, bows soon after!
They are all grown now, one is coming in town next week from Japan for my daughter’s wedding, first thing we’re doing go fly fishing, go golfing, and shoot the bows at the house! It all goes by so quickly, my best advice is to spend every waking moment with them. Smartest thing I ever did.
Love that advice! Thank you, so far all she does is eat poop and sleep but I still want to hold her every minute possible. I can't wait until she grows and I can introduce her to the outdoors.

Ohh fly fishing, now you're speaking my language. I love love love hunting, but fly fishing may just be my absolute favorite thing to do

· Registered
3,378 Posts
I haven't and probably won't put any cameras out this year. Usually I run 5 or 6 but just been too busy. I haven't even been out to the farm yet. My cousin was going to put a food plot in again, hoping he did.

Our season opens Sept 1, along with dove. I'll probably head out there to dove hunt and check my stands out and see what things look like. For hunting I always have to split my time between doves early, then later geese, ducks, pheasants, grouse, and deer. And since I'll be going less this year I'll have to manage my hunts well. Honestly id give some of that up, mainly grouse and pheasants, but my dog loves it so much that I have to just for her.

· Registered
8,544 Posts
I mainly flyfish for big browns these days. Hex hatch in Mid June-early July, and then mousing for them at dusk and into the late dark night too. BLAST! My son was the better flyfishermen till about 3-4 years ago when I finally cracked the 20+ inch barrier! TOOK me 25 years to finally get there, then the flood gates finally opened for me on big browns!

Few fish on the fly over the years...

My son had this 21" brown hit his Hex fly several times before he finally hooked him, the entire section of river could hear him cursing the trout on every missed take, was fun to be there.
Salmon-like fish Fisherman Fish Brown trout Oncorhynchus

We do an annual flyfishing trip for King Salmon on the exact river I grew up on learning how to trout fish with my Dad and one of his best friends.

Water Hunting Smile Fisherman Lake

23" brown a few summers ago, 1st 20+ for me!
Water Underwater Liquid Organism Fish

Smile Outerwear Plant Tree Outdoor recreation

Love that advice! Thank you, so far all she does is eat poop and sleep but I still want to hold her every minute possible. I can't wait until she grows and I can introduce her to the outdoors.

Ohh fly fishing, now you're speaking my language. I love love love hunting, but fly fishing may just be my absolute favorite thing to do

· Registered
8,544 Posts
I pretty much gave up gun hunting a few years back, sold all my guns, decoys, gun safe, the works! Duck, pheasant, rabbit, Quall, geese, and even Coyote hunting fell off the list. Met a young man locally that loves to hunt over deer carcasses for coyotes, so I gave him all 3 of mine last year. He invited me, but I just don't have the drive for it like I did years ago. Fun though! I did deer hunt with my 350 Legent last year though, so there is still hope!

I haven't and probably won't put any cameras out this year. Usually I run 5 or 6 but just been too busy. I haven't even been out to the farm yet. My cousin was going to put a food plot in again, hoping he did.

Our season opens Sept 1, along with dove. I'll probably head out there to dove hunt and check my stands out and see what things look like. For hunting I always have to split my time between doves early, then later geese, ducks, pheasants, grouse, and deer. And since I'll be going less this year I'll have to manage my hunts well. Honestly id give some of that up, mainly grouse and pheasants, but my dog loves it so much that I have to just for her.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Salmon is definitely on my bucket list! I just started fly fishing 2 years ago, and I'm hooked beyond belief. Unfortunately our closest trout waters are about 6 hours away. I do scratch the itch with some bluegill around here though on poppers.

· Registered
8,544 Posts
Always fun pan fish fly fishing. Great fight on a light rod, 2-3wt. For decades I lived 4 hours from our trout streams, and on every vacation, we headed up north to get after them. I retired in Trout river heaven 4 years ago! Oddly, I fish less now. Go figure!
Salmon is definitely on my bucket list! I just started fly fishing 2 years ago, and I'm hooked beyond belief. Unfortunately our closest trout waters are about 6 hours away. I do scratch the itch with some bluegill around here though on poppers.

· Registered
8,544 Posts

· Is it beer:30 yet??
6,936 Posts
Checking in from central Ohio! A few familiar names on this years team, and glad to be back for another year. No cams for me, but 4 outstanding farms for whitetail that always produce, so I am not worried about the available inventory lol. One of the farms has an absolute slammer from last year that I hope made it through(no reports that he was taken late season), and maybe this year he will make it closer than the 60 yards I had him at last year. Looking forward to another great year of filling the freezer!!

Congrats on the new addition Alex, wishing you all health and happiness!!

1 - 20 of 407 Posts