Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The Mrs and I are heading out west for vacation first week of September and can’t wait! We’re visiting Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley and several state parks but I have to get a project finished before vacation and deer season so I’m under the gun.
We’re putting on a large all seasons room so the old composite deck is getting torn apart and all the landscape rock needs moved but I’m gaining headway very well. Cameras need to get out next week…. busy busy.
I have pics of one buck that made it last year that were taken 1/29. If he can put on at least 20 inches he will score very high. I’ll check in when I can. Enjoy the rest of the summer

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Love the Moab area of Utah. Will be headed back for the 4th time to spend the week of Thanksgiving. Not sure if you do any hiking but if you do definitely check out the Druid Arch to Chesler park loop trail in the Needles district of Canyon Lands. 16.6 mile hike
Devils Garden loop in Arches is a 7.8 mile loop that is great as well.
Definitely recommend downloading All Trails( if you don't have it already)check out False Kiva Trail in the Island In The Sky District of Canyon Lands. Fishers Tower is a good one as well and it's not in the parks. Corona is also a good one not in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great info and thanks!
At our age 5 mile hikes are probably more reality :) It’s wonderful be semi retired but it has limits.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I believe everyone but 2 have checked in. I messaged these members to check in AND also messaged 12-Ringer to get on the waiting list for replacements if they fail to check in.

• lazyhubby70
    • Buxndiverdux
They play every year and lazy has been on my team before. Both must have gotten sidetracked

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
This morning I got my cameras hung and put some boots on the ground! Jumped a fairly decent buck while I was checking out a new stand site.
I’m going to hunt the new site early in the season. It’s a nice funnel on a creek with a high bluff on the other side.

I’m getting excited for the season to start with the home project all done! Now we’re ready for vacation but still have two weeks to go.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Currently in the ER, kidney stones might be the problem, we’ll find out soon. Hope I’m out of here in time to make my daughter’s wedding and wanna go down the aisle on Saturday afternoon! I finished most of the prep for the wedding late last night, and we were supposed to go golfing this afternoon, bummer.
View attachment 7681226
Get well quick Kevin!! One of my best honors was walking my daughter down the aisle!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Start therapy tomorrow, steroid shot seemed to have worked great. Ortho doc agreed that he didn't think I needed surgery that is just a small bulge and that therapy should get me better quickly. Our season doesn't open till October 1st so maybe I'll be good to go.

I hope you can make it to the woods! I’d have to a philologist if it was me

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Got a new whip today!
Raffle for my daughters high school soccer team and my mom won it and gifted it to me!
Mathews VX3. Got it set up and sighted in to 10yds.
Headed to the beach this weekend to pompano fish and will be back at it the following weekend. Good luck to all and stay safe.

Oh and also picked up a little something for myself!

Nice!! I never that lucky!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts