Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
10-4. Put a name on it and Just send it. Lol death darts are being build right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!

What setup is everyone using this season?
I’m using a:
21” Satori with TradTech RC Wood 45lbs/Longs
Easton XX75 1916 with Simmons Land Shark Lights leading the way

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Opening day of dove season is today. Thursday opened up the state’s registration for different SOA hunts. The drawing for those is the 12th. Then, the county north of us opens Oct 1st when the rest of the state opens the Oct 15th.
I’m starting to get pumped!

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Been buying stuff for my conversion from 1 sticking to NO sticking since Jan! Finished off putting my ropes together today. Almost put my LW hand climber up on the classifieds, but I can't seem to let it go!

View attachment 7704995
View attachment 7704996
My cousin mentioned that I need to try this since I done the one sticking last year all season. I don’t know if I’d be willing to part with my one stick in favor of this

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I am switching to no sticking because it is easier and safer. You are attached with zero slack in the rope 100% of the time. I couldn't figure a way to make that happen with 1-sticking on the way up the tree when you are most vulnerable. I had a hard time no-sticking, but I got a system down that got me up the tree, just took me a while! I definitely went places and sat trees I would not have done with my LW hand climber. I know that this new system is even more stealthy, lighter, and should be faster once I get my system down. NOTE there was a time when I was young that I slipped up any tree with ease, nothing but a few screw in steps in my pockets AND a stand in my hand while making my way up the tree. THEN I was smart enough to buy the 1st harness out on the market! (for those that aren't aware, those 1st harnesses were death traps for some)

The JRB Climbing system I'm using has proven to be pretty impressive. Highly recommend examining it and all the knots and techniques it uses and seeing if anything it offers might work for you. I will be using his Saddles Hunters Hitch, JRB Ascender Hitch (non-jamming type), and the hitch and JRB method climbing examples he demonstrates, I've got rigs for both of those.

This young lady did it on the 1st try, so I figured my old body could handle it too!

Haha I understand. No sticking would be up my ally because of how I hunt and the places I hunt, but at the same time, I haven’t found the limitations of one sticking to make me want to move on from it. I actually feel safer than I have ever up a tree since going to one sticking.

I one stick differently than most though, or I should say of folks who post videos. I ascend with my rappel rope where most carry a separate tether. I learned on a static rope, and the first time I tried out the dynamic rope of mine… the pucker factor kicked in. I wasn’t use to the give/springiness of the rope

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
yep, I used my rappel rope as well up and down the tree. I agree, I felt safer too. But, in my quest to improve on safety and stealthiness, I'm going to give no-sticking a go. PRAYING my time and cash investment pays off!
Awesome! Keep us updated on what you think of it as the season goes on. Our season (one county north of us) opens Saturday. I’m torn between going hunting or going for the last day of early goose. The only hunting I’ve done thus far is dove, which is honestly one of my favorite kind of hunting the older I’ve got.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts