Archery Talk Forum banner

Team #15 - Doestroyers

28544 Views 799 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Doofy_13
Welcome to the 19th Annual AT Deer Contest!
Below is your team for the 2022-2023 season. These contests are designed for everyone to have fun and not take things too seriously. Let's all have a safe and successful season! Use this thread for discussion purposes, sharing trail cam pictures, etc. amongst your team members. After your team has a majority on a team name, have one member of your team post the team name in the Team Name thread.

Remember the 4 S's = Shoot Straight, Stay Safe
Good luck everyone
Joe

A-A-Ron
15​
CCConservative
15​
Deer Slayer94
15​
djm029
15​
Doofy_13
15​
Gangster II
15​
Goatboy
15​
jjl8440
15​
murphy31
15​
olemossyhorns
15​
rcmjr
15​
Shwackums
15​
stcks&strngs
15​
Tenn47
15​
yetihunter1
15​
781 - 800 of 800 Posts

· Registered
2009 PSE bow madness xs
1,686 Posts
Basnbuks sounds like you had quite an adventure. At least you know what you have to look forward to for next season. Hey we all get a little lazy every now and then. I think you are correct that we have a nice lead and locked in. I guess I can go back and read the rules for when the contest ends. I sure hope we are locked in. March 5 is the last day to enter a deer in the contest.

· THE BAR Bartender
21,417 Posts
The freezer is now full, took another doe. Tracking was short(spined her).:giggle: Gotta love a"drop in your tracks" shot. Funny thing, in over 50 years of bowhunting before this year
Terrestrial animal Fawn Grass Snout Deer
Terrestrial animal Fawn Grass Snout Deer
I've spined 3 deer...this year, 2...go figger.

· THE BAR Bartender
21,417 Posts
Of course no points, my card is filled...too bad for no extra points for "piling on":p:p

· THE BAR Bartender
21,417 Posts
Team scores just updated, we still have about a 260pt lead.

· Vendor
28,382 Posts
Just left a property that I hunted 10 times minimum without a single shot opportunity. When I pulled up there were 3 adult does with 4 yearlings About 40 yards from my truck. When I left there was one big doe with 2 small ones. Hopefully they will be back next year.🙏

· Vendor
28,382 Posts
I'm still trying to knock down one more doe before the season ends here in MD. Six days left of hunting....looking forward to shed season.
Common Doofy, we need a little buffer.😁

· Registered
1,504 Posts
NY ended January 1st. Believe it or not, in Western NY it is outdoor 3D season. We started January 8th and shoot every Sunday until April 2nd. Our 4 man team moved up to the Open class this year, so there is a bit of a learning curve ahead of us.
Even though I am more of a lurker than poster, it has been fun to read your posts and to be a teammate this year. I learned some valuable lessons this year on passing bucks early in the season. Not next year. Here's to more success next year!

· Registered
2,066 Posts
tomorrow is the last day in PA for the Special Regs, where i live, but i can't update the buck or doe here......

· Registered
6,924 Posts
Got out tonight with the boy for one last sit together this season. Had about a mile hike in, climbed up the point of a ridge, and hunkered down next to a oak that recently snapped off about 6' up.

30 minutes before last light 3 does came up the ridge and didn't travel like I thought they would but it was close enough. Got a clear 30 yard shot (further than I like) and let it rip.

My tracking buddy helped a lot but got freaked out when the coyotes started going off. He was paid in advance with Skittles.
Flash photography Wood People in nature Military camouflage Fawn

Smile Outerwear Military camouflage Eye People in nature

781 - 800 of 800 Posts