Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey team! My name is Tammi, checking in from Montana!

Reactions: Schuurz

·
Registered
286 Posts
Im good with Spit'n Sharp Sticks as well

·
Registered
286 Posts
I hunt both public and private. We'll start our season with a public land elk camp, hopefully get them killed early (not picky with elk, I'll take the first legal one i see, cow or brow-tine bull, for the freezer) then I can start deer hunting. C'mon Sept. 4th!

Reactions: 25ft-up and Mathias

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I really need to get my hands on on these bad boys again been 7 year dry spaught View attachment 7454521

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
That's a really pretty bull! Good luck getting on another good one this year
He is a pretty 7x6 I shot at 7 yards. I tell u this I earned every ounce of that bull 2.7 miles down in a steep bowl all uphill out multiple trips and ot was 96 in Hamilton that day. Good luck out there to Tammi

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Not very many bulls we don't earn out here is there! Sounds alot like where we will be opening week. Steep sucker coming out! Hope to have another night like we did a few years ago during the rut, see you down there!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Our season opened Saturday, I'm currently on my 6th sit, passed a buck on opening night that I probably shouldn't have, last night I had a doe under me, but it was to dark to shoot. Nothing so far today.
We were originally going to be in elk camp this weekend, but it's so hot here right now, we figured they would spoil before we could get them packed out, so we're deer hunting until it cools down a bit!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Went today to pull my last camera out of a new area that opens in October. Figured I'd get it out before people started scouting the area, but it was already gone. Never thought someone else would be back there in the laurels, but then noticed an old bright eye in a tree there. Deer droppings everywhere in that one spot and heard something breaking twigs in the laurels. Will have to hunt it a couple times without knowing what's there, with one eye open for deer and one for the scumbag that took my camera.
That sucks! We have a couple cams still out on public as well, we'll see on Sunday whether they're still there. Headed to elk camp then, weather has cooled off slightly, gonna give it a go!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Way to go 25!

Reactions: 25ft-up

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thought I'd give y'all a quick update. I've hunted almost every morning and evening since season opened on the 4th. I passed a decent buck opening evening, and had a doe come in after shooting light one evening, and most recently a spike at 30 yards, that I passed, but other than that, nothing has been in range yet, seems like I'm always in the wrong stand at the wrong time so far, deer hunting has been a little frustrating!
I was able to call bull elk past my Husband, and my Dad, that they killed, so that part has been awesome!
Elk Natural environment Deer Human body Sky
Hunting Eye Hat Plant Natural material

Reactions: bow up and Mathias

·
Registered
286 Posts
Didn't see anything in a zone that opened yesterday. Stayed closer to the road so I could leave early in the morning to watch grandsons ballgame, then left before dark to help cut up his first deer. It turned out to be a good day after all even though his team lost. I'll be going 2 miles deep during the week in search of a decent buck. This zone is much better with a lot more land and deer than the one I had been hunting. Trying to keep my hopes up.

View attachment 7477060
Congrats to your Grandson 25! Love the pic!

Reactions: 25ft-up

·
Registered
286 Posts
Finally got to draw my bow on an animal this season! 🙌 58 yards, dead within sight. Now I can relax, and have some fun hunting deer!
Hunting Plant Working animal Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
286 Posts
Shot a big doe this morning. I’ll post pics and enter both on the scoring thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on the buck and doe!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Merry Christmas team! Going out this afternoon

·
Registered
286 Posts
Congrats Glen and all my other successful teammates! Our season closed yesterday without me tagging 1 deer! I literally don't think thats ever happened before! (Sorry y'all got me this year!) I hunted like it was my job for 2½ months, killed my elk, and had 1 opportunity that I blew, on a decent buck (hit the shoulder) I even hunted through my case of covid, cause it was the rut, and I'm not missing the rut for anything! other than that, I could have shot dink bucks, or fawns, and as much as I wanted to provide points for us, I'm not about that life😂
Best of luck to any who are still after em!
I've moved on to shed season now, and in 1 trip, had more success than all of archery season!
Here's a pic from yesterday's shed excursion, my Dad found 8 browns, and I found 4!
Snow Plant Tree Slope Outdoor recreation
Sky Cloud Snow Tree People in nature
Plant Smile Wood Tree People in nature

Reactions: Mathias and 25ft-up
1 - 14 of 14 Posts