Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting some private messages from some of the team members AFTER this years Deer Contest was locked, so I thought I'd start another thread to keep us connected till next season!

Ty said he was going to contact everyone via private message about another idea I tossed around on the old team thread.

I'm signing up for the Turkey Contest. I haven't done that contest in the few years, so I figured it would be fun!

Kevin

CaliKid663
heli-m hunter
Hidden Danger
iccyman001
jonree
Kevin2
Matches
Maxemus
Muy Grande
Page01
pointndog
silasbowhunter
smithja1042
Turkey Agent
TyT10

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck to those who will be out chasing turkeys!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to hear from you Page...I joined the Team Turkey contest, so I hope I get some action. I had a bunch of them on my property the other day. There was a group just off my property with a load of Toms, and then another huge group that was mixed, looking like breading was already going on. Excited. The snow is almost gone on my shooting range, so I'll likely take my bow out this week and give it some action!

7A616779-BE03-4C4E-8E6C-7B09022C15A3.png

94098280-8EE0-4A7E-BEFD-07C259414502.png

Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck to those who will be out chasing turkeys!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Up a Tree.......
3,211 Posts
I am back, things are looking good for this year. Starting to get some good growth on camera.

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am back, things are looking good for this year. Starting to get some good growth on camera.
I saw 28 deer while scouting the other day. All sorts of deer out feeding on fresh grass on the side roads. I'm going to go to the spot where I saw the large buck in the late season. Going to get a few stand spots ready on his travel route.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Hi everyone.
How did we end up placing on the deer contest? Haven’t been on here in quite a while. Never made it back in late season. Been stuck at home since November taking care of business and then the pandemic hit. Been in quarantine ever since. Had my polar bear hunt as well as my return desert sheep hunt cancelled. Now my August dall sheep hunt seems iffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We won! Quarantining has been boring at best here in northern Michigan. But I did manage to get my kitchen remodel completed last Wednesday! JUST need a new frig and all will be done!

19E4643E-1C47-4C86-BB7F-55FA36B741F0.jpg
Hi everyone.
How did we end up placing on the deer contest? Haven’t been on here in quite a while. Never made it back in late season. Been stuck at home since November taking care of business and then the pandemic hit. Been in quarantine ever since. Had my polar bear hunt as well as my return desert sheep hunt cancelled. Now my August dall sheep hunt seems iffy.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Hi everyone.

That sucks about the hunts canceled Maxemus.

Im doing well, got married March 14th and had the wedding and reception. If we would have been after that we would have had to change plans! Started a new job, added to my ranching business, moved in to a new house. Been focusing on golf and finding a bow for my wife!!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts

Im doing well, got married March 14th and had the wedding and reception. If we would have been after that we would have had to change plans! Started a new job, added to my ranching business, moved in to a new house. Been focusing on golf and finding a bow for my wife!!

Congrats on getting married, the new job, and the new house!!!
Big year for you!

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations on getting married. You lucked out getting it in before the shutdown. My son had the door shut on everything he was doing in 24 hours, his last 4 college exams were cancelled the night before he was due to take them, thus putting him in an endless holding pattern to graduate from college, and his trip to Japan, that was due to leave that next Friday to get certified to teach English to Japanese, was cancelled the next day! He's taken it all pretty good, I must say.

Sounds like you are in a good place. I joined the local country club the day after I finished my Kitchen, played 3 times over the holiday weekend. GOT worse each round! LOL

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I also lucked into a $4000 Zeiss spotting scope so it’s been a good few months, despite the pandemic!

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet outfit. NO fields in my area to even try and spot deer! I can't even imagine how the hunting is out there. So completely different then Michigan, I'm sure.

I also lucked into a $4000 Zeiss spotting scope so it’s been a good few months, despite the pandemic!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Sweet outfit. NO fields in my area to even try and spot deer! I can't even imagine how the hunting is out there. So completely different then Michigan, I'm sure.
It’s complete overkill for the way I hunt. But I won it, so not complaining too much.

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My son sold his condo last Thursday, the day our Governor opened the housing market again, which was his plan so he could move to Japan. So, since Japan remains closed, he's moving back home with us until his class in Japan starts in November. I'm excited. Got my hunting/golfing partner back again, short term, but still back!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Going to be an awesome year.

I’ve got an elk tag in New Mexico (Gila unit) and Kansas so far.
Hoping to get Iowa and a Wyoming antelope tag.

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really haven't made any mock scrapes in the past. So, I thought I'd put a few up and see if I can get some action on them. I'm going to use the vertical hanging vine branch over them like shown in this youtube video by WHS. Looks pretty easy. I'll take some photos and post up once I have one up. Anybody else using them?

1 - 20 of 183 Posts