Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Hi everyone.
How did we end up placing on the deer contest? Haven’t been on here in quite a while. Never made it back in late season. Been stuck at home since November taking care of business and then the pandemic hit. Been in quarantine ever since. Had my polar bear hunt as well as my return desert sheep hunt cancelled. Now my August dall sheep hunt seems iffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sucks about the hunts canceled Maxemus.

Im doing well, got married March 14th and had the wedding and reception. If we would have been after that we would have had to change plans! Started a new job, added to my ranching business, moved in to a new house. Been focusing on golf and finding a bow for my wife!!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Bought my wife a bow yesterday. She should pretty excited when it shows up! Who are all you guys using for aftermarket strings? I’m gonna put some on my bow and hers. I’ll probably do Hogwires on mine

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I also got some information back on some limited access public land where you have to apply for a daily “permit” so there is only certain people on certain parcels during certain days. It’s all river ground and between my house and office!! Coworker and his brother have shot 5 white tails over 125 on it in the last 6 years. Multiple does too!!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Getting new strings on the wife’s and my bows this week. Just got a carter evolution to work on my form. My dad had a 160”+ in his yard this morning, pretty exciting times!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Put some arrows together for the wife yesterday. They are 391gn and should be some hammers out of her bow new strings going on our bows this week. Gonna get shooting good again and try and get out after an antelope here in late August!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
My wife’s 391gn darts and my 559gn Day Six hammers!

20 more days until NE antelope opens and 30 days until deer! Gonna be a fun one guys!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
How many pounds are you pulling and what’s your draw length? That’s a pretty heavy arrow, I like it!
Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT 30” at 73lbs. Shoots about 285 lol it’s nasty!

Sweet arrows Maxemus!

Im thinking about getting with the 2-3 local shops and helping build arrows for people. What would you pay for someone to square both ends, fletch/wrap, install inserts? My dozen arrows are within 1.5 grains, my wife’s 18 arrows are within 2 grains. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Are those the TAC vanes? I’m in between this year on vanes. Trying TAC and Max Stealth. Shooting Day Six Evo X 125s. Can’t wait!!!!!

Try the Bohning X vanes! All I’ve used the last couple years. 4 fletch are 90°. Awesome.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts