Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
I really haven't made any mock scrapes in the past. So, I thought I'd put a few up and see if I can get some action on them. I'm going to use the vertical hanging vine branch over them like shown in this youtube video by WHS. Looks pretty easy. I'll take some photos and post up once I have one up. Anybody else using them?
I've been using mock scrapes for over 10 years. Very effective, especially for taking inventory with a trail camera. I'd venture to guess that 90% of my camera pictures come from mock scrapes.
I've used vines before, but never hung them so they are free swinging. I plan to try that this year myself and see if there is any difference in usage or preference..

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, I already asked this question of 12-Ringer last week. HE said signup will be soon.
In the new signup for this years contest, do we need to sign up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Bought my wife a bow yesterday. She should pretty excited when it shows up! Who are all you guys using for aftermarket strings? I’m gonna put some on my bow and hers. I’ll probably do Hogwires on mine

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just signed up! Let’s get everyone back in!
I just did also! Can not wait! I've been working on my lineup of places to hunt, and I'm trying to devise new strategies to hopefully dig up a couple of bucks with nice antlers for this part of our state. I saw 17 yesterday while out looking.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I also got some information back on some limited access public land where you have to apply for a daily “permit” so there is only certain people on certain parcels during certain days. It’s all river ground and between my house and office!! Coworker and his brother have shot 5 white tails over 125 on it in the last 6 years. Multiple does too!!

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That sounds like a good tag to have.

I also got some information back on some limited access public land where you have to apply for a daily “permit” so there is only certain people on certain parcels during certain days. It’s all river ground and between my house and office!! Coworker and his brother have shot 5 white tails over 125 on it in the last 6 years. Multiple does too!!

·
Pay It Forward
26,692 Posts
Hey guys....don’t forget to register....I didn’t want anyone to think it was automatic...if all of your members have NOT registered by the closing date, the remaining spots will be filled randomly.

Good luck this year....topping last year would be incredible!!!

Joe

·
SuperToon'd
12,225 Posts
Hey guys. Haven't really done anything hunting related since last season. That's all about to change. Just got back from a much needed vacation in North Florida. I caught a few fish and recharged the ole batteries. I just entered the contest for this upcoming season. I also acquired a new hunting vehicle. Lol
I would've been on sooner but I couldn't remember my password.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 243 Posts