Archery Talk Forum banner

Team #18 - Blind Hogs

5K views 87 replies 11 participants last post by  passthru11 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Here is your team for the 6th annual 2011 Archerytalk Turkey Contest. Please use this thread for discussion purposes, trail camera pictures, whatever you like. Good luck, hunt safe and enjoy the contest!

garrickt
hoytshooter09
kennie
marshgunner
MKNOX
passthru11
slayer73
sniperjim
TuffBuc
waylonb19

#5 ·
Thanks Kennie for the pm. Can't wait for the 2nd season in MN. Too bad I will only be hunting Minnesota this year again. I have been wanting to do a Nebraska trip for a long time. My sister is in Omaha so I figured it would finally work out but...no. I shot my first Turkey last year with the bow(Jake). I tried the year before but needless to say I clipped my blind with the Bullhead....not good for Bullhead,arrow, or blind!

What is everyone using for broadheads? Thunderheads here....altho I was thinking about going to Rage 2 blades to try them out...opinions?

#8 ·
I normally shoot 75 grain mini blasters but last year I tried the two blade rage. I shot a little low on turkey but it broke both legs and one wing joint. So I don't know what I will use this year for sure. Maybe bullheads? I have been watching to many double bull videos lately.

#11 ·
How about " Blind Hogs" for a team name? Kinda a play on words since i have been known to be a "Blind Hog" in both senses of the phrase. Just ask my turkey hunting buddies:wink:

#12 ·
Hey guys checkin in. I am not in turkey mode yet. Still picking up sheds. Plus its to cold to be thinking about turks. The season will be here before I know it though. Hey MKNOX I see you are from Jupiter. I know that area well. I was with the Marlins organization for 5 yrs. till arm problems got the best of me.

#13 ·
Checkin in fellas. My season doesnt start until 4/25. I always get alot of time in the woods so it should be a good year. Cant wait. Good luck MKNOX, your lucky your season starts already. Keep us posted.

#17 ·
yeah Jamie, hope i can add more points than i did for team blackjack. Turkey hunting is great in western mass, but not so much for deer. I get a crack at a tom or two each year. Last year was with the bull heads and could not seal the deal. Shooting at the head is some hard stuff.. Glad to be on board with ya again. Hope you can connect with a big ol tom. Where you hunting??

#18 ·
I had a big old Tom with double beards that would make his way by my treestand every other day last fall. Hopefully he is still hanging around. Shooting one should happen this year, I have a couple of farms I am hunting that are over run with turkeys and they really respond well to calling. I am hoping to film the hunt this year too, so maybe I can post up some videos on here. Just have to fit in the hunting with my spring fishing.

Jamie

#19 ·
Hey guys here is one of my videos from last year. I forgot to turn the camera so I missed the actual kill shot. I hunted for 3 days and only saw Jakes so I said screw it and filled my tag...lol I pinned him right thru both wing sockets! First turkey with a bow! Big Tom or nothing this year!

#23 ·
[video]http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u113/trophy11/?action=view&current=2010MaJakewithbullhead withoutJrmiss_.mp4[/video]

This was our first season using bullheads. We missed alot of big birds, and ended up connecting with this jake after seven misses in three days. I edited out, the fact i missed twice after rob shot his, to long and boring to keep. But it was good to finally get one down. Also a little bonus, after robs shot we catch a shotgun hunter on video shooting at the jakes we called in...we do it on public land and this video prooves it.. Let me know what ya think..this video is as far as my editing skills go..so bare with me.LOL. Enjoy.

#24 ·
Everyone has checked in but sniperjim, we need to get a name picked and get him signed in my season is open and I am gonna be hunting this week. I am hoping to get the first bird on the board!!!!! They are gobbling and have hens gathered already down here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.