Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the 17th Annual ArcheryTalk Deer Contest! Below is your team for the 2020-2021 season. These contests are designed for everyone to have fun and not take things too seriously. Let's all have a safe and successful season! Use this thread for discussion purposes, sharing trail cam pictures, etc. amongst your team members. After your team has a majority on a team name, have one member of your team post the team name in the Team Name thread.

pops423
xpedition
VF MIKE
baz77
Kammeg
RH1
wv bow
k&j8
Torgue tune
Dylbilly
brushdog
titan-chaser
Skipop
STILLXSTALKINGX
4IDARCHER

Good Luck, Shoot Straight, and BE SAFE!!!!!
Joe

·
The one who nocks
2,180 Posts
Checking in from Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,458 Posts
Here from Ohio

·
Looking for a monster!
8,337 Posts
I mainly hunt with a good friend of mine in Maryland, but I own 11 acres in PA and my old man has a small 40 acre farm in PA as well. Gives me lots of tags and lots of options :)

·
Comfort snob/elitist
2,965 Posts
My name is Joe, 43, disabled combat Vet, Full time student in Grad school pursuing my masters in mental health counseling. My goal is to work at a VA hospital.

Onto the hunting stuff! I hunt public land in Connecticut. It's a tough go, if you see a deer you've had a GREAT day! I grew up hunting these woods, but only in the past few years have I really started learning how to hunt based on the topography. This past year I had the most sightings basing my scouting off of the topo. Looking forward to starting the season on September 15th!

·
Comfort snob/elitist
2,965 Posts
Brushdog... I LOVE your mount you posted BTW!! I'm wanting to do something similar once I accomplish my goal of getting a buck over 120" on the public land that I hunt.

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,458 Posts
My name is Ron. I hunt mainly tuscarawas County ohio but have a few choice locations also.
My son, grandson and I have nearly 200 acres of private property that we have exclusive permission on. Been hunting this farm for about 16 years. The last buck I shot grossed around 162 and change.
This is my focus buck so far this year .. notice the double main beam on his right side
20200802_123509.jpg

·
Comfort snob/elitist
2,965 Posts
My name is Ron. I hunt mainly tuscarawas County ohio but have a few choice locations also.
My son, grandson and I have nearly 200 acres of private property that we have exclusive permission on. Been hunting this farm for about 16 years. The last buck I shot grossed around 162 and change.
This is my focus buck so far this year .. notice the double main beam on his right side
View attachment 7218781
WOW!!! I hope you get a crack at him!

·
The one who nocks
2,180 Posts
My name is Kelly and I’ll be hunting here in Virginia and also in Adams County, Ohio. I just put some cameras out here yesterday so no pics from VA yet. Usually not much around here bigger than 110”. We usually have a few nice bucks on my buddies place in Ohio, but have only gotten pictures of 2 so far, a 9 and a 10.

Here’s the 9.

IMG_0705.jpg

·
The one who nocks
2,180 Posts
And here’s the 10. Pretty sure he is one we had last year too.

IMG_0704.jpg

·
The one who nocks
2,180 Posts
View attachment 7218781
Love that extra main beam! Hope you get him!

I remember your post after you got the 162. Wasn’t that an early season kill if I recall correctly?

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,458 Posts
Love that extra main beam! Hope you get him!

I remember your post after you got the 162. Wasn’t that an early season kill if I recall correctly?

Yes it was the 2nd Monday of bow season. I'm a believer that if you can get on a shooter early and don't blow him out to the next county it can be the best time to kill him..
Hopefully my plans work again this year

·
Looking for a monster!
8,337 Posts
Brushdog... I LOVE your mount you posted BTW!! I'm wanting to do something similar once I accomplish my goal of getting a buck over 120" on the public land that I hunt.
Thanks man! Hopefully this is the year you do it!! I’m working on a few more mount ideas I’ll share then once I figure them out :) We hunt all public in MD too. Frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. We had a good lease in Ohio as well but let that go about 3 years ago. Wanting to find something better out there in the future.

And before I forget, thank you for your service brother!!

·
13,719 Posts
Checking In from southern Ohio

Do the majority of my hunting in Lawrence, Gallia and Scioto counties may spend a little time over in Adams county this fall too.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Checking in from IL. Hunt mostly our farm in Shelby county. A little public on state forest in our area. Hopefully can add a few points for the team.

·
Comfort snob/elitist
2,965 Posts
pops423
xpedition
VF MIKE
baz77
Kammeg
RH1
wv bow
k&j8
Torgue tune
Dylbilly
brushdog
titan-chaser
Skipop
STILLXSTALKINGX
4IDARCHER

Bold indicates team members checked in. I'll send a PM to the rest of the crew. I don't think it was announced anywhere that the teams were posted.

·
Comfort snob/elitist
2,965 Posts
VF MIKE

Torgue tune

I could not send a PM to these two, The screen names did not show up, I tried different spellings. I'll try and find their original post on the sign up thread in a few days. That sounds like to much work right now, LOL!

PM's sent to the rest of the crew.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts