Archery Talk Forum banner
221 - 240 of 260 Posts
WOW guys sorry for the no show in here for a while.... I have been helping inlaw with crops then I get the damn flu... Its been holding on to me for a while now. Im feeling lots better now. took grandson out on the 4wheeler kicked up one monsterous buck just out side of town. been getting lots of pic on cam. got a new place to hunt been checking it out looks like its gonna be a good place to hunt... Will be heading out soon now that the rain has stopped so I can get to my stands... Congrats to all that have been tagging on some nice looking deer so far!!!!:thumbs_up

Just checking in. We have had some really hot weather here in Ohio, so I've pretty much just been staying home. I just learned I won't be able to hunt from Nov5-Nov17... Maybe squeak a day in somewhere... So I'm really gonna be pounding it hard the next week and try to get it done.

:teeth:Guys I got out Sat to. Just put my stand up that morning in this new place that we can hunt. Went back out around 3:30 at 6:15 pm here they come walking right at me, a little one was leading and two big ones right behind it. we cut some small sappings out of the way so I can have a shot.. Go fig the little one starts to come into the cut then stops the big ones come right up with it and they all stopped behind the trees we didn't cut so no shot. Fifteen mins later here comes 5 more but on the other side of me where we didn't cut the limbs out of the way you guessed it that's right where they come out again no shot. by then it was getting dark, got on 4 wheeler went over hill and ran into 7 more coming out of the trees.. Was fit to be tide.. There is one monster buck in there to.. I hope he sticks around for another try at him, biggest one I have seen in some time now.. Course we don't have very big bucks here in Iowa.. :teeth:

Just an update....was in the stand all day yesterday, the rut is heating up. Had a encounter with a big....130ish, 8 point, chasing a doe. Just out of range with no shot....
Will be looking for him on Saturday......good luck all.....Here in Southeast PA, things are heating up..

Still pretty slow in my part of Ohio, seeing a lot of does and no bucks anywhere. Not even any dinks harassing them.

On another note doc told me I need a total hip replacement, so I will probably hunting off the ground the rest of the season. Not sure how that will go, but will try my best to get some points on the board.

Congrats to all on some great animals.

well I guys I just got back from ohio round 2 this morning. I got there friday night and saw only a spike. Come Saturday morning right at first light I had a monster come through. Definite 12 point at first glance I thought he was 170 class and I feel very comfortable about him being over 160. He never got closer that 50 yds which is a shot I just didnt feel comfortable with. I hit grunt tubes and bleats and he showed no interest what so ever, just kept his slow walk. I passed a few smaller bucks and several does just waiting for the big one but he never showed again. This was supposed to be my last ohio trip this year being I am a full time student, recently married and rather tight on money. I told my wife about the giant and she says I have to go after him again. So im heading back around the 17th! I will keep everyone posted.

Sounds like a great trip to OHio! I just started my new job Monday and spend two days 3 hours away in Cincinnati... I will be back on stand in the morning for a quick hunt. My brother said he seen a nice 10 point this evening but busted him drawing back... I think I might try that spot in the AM!!

221 - 240 of 260 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.