Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 510 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the 17th Annual ArcheryTalk Deer Contest! Below is your team for the 2020-2021 season. These contests are designed for everyone to have fun and not take things too seriously. Let's all have a safe and successful season! Use this thread for discussion purposes, sharing trail cam pictures, etc. amongst your team members. After your team has a majority on a team name, have one member of your team post the team name in the Team Name thread.

2x LUNG
alex.vogel99
bambikiller
Buck#1
Errorhead
hokiehunter373
hunterhewi
KS-Hoyt-Hunter
Lovehunt11
nkybuck
NYyotekiller
T_rice_33 - replaced by Pybucks
V Man
wipy
phil pick

Good Luck, Shoot Straight, and BE SAFE!!!!!
Joe

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Im here guys! Just starting to get some plots in! Name is Sam from Central KS!

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Don, looks like we are on the same team for the 3rd year in a row!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well here we go, I'm Errorhead from Central North Carolina, my first time in the Deer Contest. I was on the winning team in the turkey contest this year and I hope the Deer contest is a much fun. I was able to take two turkeys with a bow this spring and I hope my luck can continue into deer season this year. Good Luck everyone, I got to go check on this hurricane now. I hate hurricanes!

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Welcome aboard! Don (lovehunt11) and I were on the winning team 2 years ago. We fell short last year. I wanst able to get a buck down. Had a couple close calls on some giants, and shoulder hit a nice one on thanksgiving day. Turkwy season sucked this year for me, bird numbers were WAY down. Im just ready for huntin season to get here!

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Hopefully the hurricane misses you!

·
Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,556 Posts
We out here boys!

My name is Mark and I’ll be hunting at home here in New York on my farms and then I’ll be heading out to North Central Kansas in late November for my rut-cation. Should be a good year hopefully. I’ve been busy the last few weeks getting my plots ready for planting and I have a few decent bucks on camera from a small 20 acre farm that I purchased this past spring.

Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Alex from South Dakota here. I was late to the game this year so didnt get any food plots in, but i hunt mostly tree belts/old farmsteads that is 99% surrounded by ag land. So they never seem to be that big of help for me anyway...also just got the cameras out about mid july, ill be going to check them this week or next, whenever i find time. Still been really hot and muggy around here, im hoping the cool weather comes soon as season opener is Sept 1.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Don, looks like we are on the same team for the 3rd year in a row!
Yes, We are. Hope ours team is a winner then we will not separate.
I am Don, Check in from Iowa. Busy year for me, just couple trail cameras this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Dont let Don fool any of yall. That man gets some giants on camera!

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Checking in from Michigan , elk and deer hunts coming up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Hey, what's going on everyone?! Josh here from MD. Happy to see a few familiar names. Can't wait to get the season started and get after them again. I had a rough year last year but it seems every other year I have a good one so here's to hoping that's the case this year.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
As you check in to the team bold your name and repost. Hopefully we'll get everybody checked in and name picked :thumbs_up

2x LUNG
alex.vogel99
bambikiller

Buck#1
Errorhead
hokiehunter373

hunterhewi
KS-Hoyt-Hunter
Lovehunt11
nkybuck
NYyotekiller
T rice 23
V Man
wipy
phil pick

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
im good with whatever for a name. after a few more days if there are still some not checked in i can send a pm to them as a reminder.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
ill probably wait until next week monday or tuesday to go pull cards on my cameras. i think i put 5 out this year. i was going to run out there tonight but wife squashed that plan with some other nonsense that it sounds like im being forced to attend, and im busy every other day this week. i hate this time of year.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
ill probably wait until next week monday or tuesday to go pull cards on my cameras. i think i put 5 out this year. i was going to run out there tonight but wife squashed that plan with some other nonsense that it sounds like im being forced to attend, and im busy every other day this week. i hate this time of year.
I just got to check cams Sunday for the first time since May. A pretty big 6 and a heavy bodied buck with 5 on one side, 3 on the other, and no brows were the best candidates. Corn is up this year though and I usually don't get too many pix when that's the case

I don't have any cams out on public land this year and I think I might leave it like that. We had our 2nd kid in March and time is already low so I don't think I'm gonna add more to it. Maybe I'll put one up when I go in to hunt or something but I feel like I've got a pretty good read on the properties I hunt besides a new one I've got my eye on.

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
Hey, what's going on everyone?! Josh here from MD. Happy to see a few familiar names. Can't wait to get the season started and get after them again. I had a rough year last year but it seems every other year I have a good one so here's to hoping that's the case this year.
Hey Josh, yall had a dang good run for a couple years there! Had a dang good team, i mean until we beat ya lol! Hopefully all of us can have a great year this year!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I just got to check cams Sunday for the first time since May. A pretty big 6 and a heavy bodied buck with 5 on one side, 3 on the other, and no brows were the best candidates. Corn is up this year though and I usually don't get too many pix when that's the case

I don't have any cams out on public land this year and I think I might leave it like that. We had our 2nd kid in March and time is already low so I don't think I'm gonna add more to it. Maybe I'll put one up when I go in to hunt or something but I feel like I've got a pretty good read on the properties I hunt besides a new one I've got my eye on.
around here corn is key for pics, i set cams right on the corn edges in between corn and woods and that is where i get most of the pics. that and by apple trees if there are any around. my apple tree spot is a pic machine if the trees make apples (not sure they will this year, sadly). pretty pumped to see what is around and what made it from last year. i have one i have been watching for 2 years now, this will be the 3rd if he made it. Corn didnt come down until spring in a lot of the fields around me so rifle was tough for most people last year, so im hoping quite a few made it that otherwise wouldve been killed a year or two early.

·
Banned
18,551 Posts

I don't have any cams out on public land this year and I think I might leave it like that. We had our 2nd kid in March and time is already low so I don't think I'm gonna add more to hit. Maybe I'll put one up when I go in to hunt or something but I feel like I've got a pretty good read on the properties I hunt besides a new one I've got my eye on.
Congrats on the new baby! We will be having our 4th and final in October. Due on Halloween, the day after my sons bday lol. I get the entire month of Nov off with full pay, the wife is very understanding so i know ill get to hunt a good bit!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Hey Josh, yall had a dang good run for a couple years there! Had a dang good team, i mean until we beat ya lol! Hopefully all of us can have a great year this year!
Man, I was hoping that wouldn't be mentioned lol

Congrats on the new baby! We will be having our 4th and final in October. Due on Halloween, the day after my sons bday lol. I get the entire month of Nov off with full pay, the wife is very understanding so i know ill get to hunt a good bit!
When I started reading that I was ready to reply sayin you had some poor planning but apparently not haha. Congrats on a paid rutcation and a hell of a wife

1 - 20 of 510 Posts