Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Pay It Forward
25,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the 18th Annual AT Deer Contest!
Below is your team for the 2021-2022 season. These contests are designed for everyone to have fun and not take things too seriously. Let's all have a safe and successful season! Use this thread for discussion purposes, sharing trail cam pictures, etc. amongst your team members. After your team has a majority on a team name, have one member of your team post the team name in the Team Name thread.

APAsuphan
asmith4
bigbucks170
Coyote31
floater
hookedonbow
HOYT5MAN
HuntFishMaine
Ishi Spirit
jemyers10pt
KS-Hoyt-Hunter
Matt Palmquist
mburns
Nmobrad
Straw

·
Registered
126 Posts
Checking in. I am from KS but born and raised in OK. Have a pocketful of tags this year MT, ND, KS, OK & eastern CO. I sat last year out, looking forward to being part of a team again this year.

·
Team #9
8,971 Posts
Checking in from Illinois and Indiana where I lease some land ...going to be a good year !! I will be putting out
8 cell cameras in the next two weeks and putting in two food plots ..should have lots of pictures to share
anyone know how to change what's typed in next to the flag under your avatar ? old team on there , was unable to delete it ....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alright now that I'm out of work. Checking in from Michigan. Might try and make a trip to Ohio this year also. This isn't my 1st year in the contest. I previously did these a few years back under my old profile name Sniperx043(wasn't able to log in under that so created new).
If anyone has ever hunted Michigan you knowing jot an easy state to hunt. Deer are not the biggest(we have some nice ones) and it's a very heavily hunted state. But I am usually good for 1 buck and does every year so ill put up some points. I have a few cameras out right now but nothing worth sharing has popped up yet. I plan on checking out a few new locations this weekend and hopefully can find some big boys.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Checking in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Just moved this summer to Clinton Missouri. Still have my lease in NC Kansas. I’ll be hunting both this year. My dad has a good place in SW Missouri that I’ll be able to hunt more this year since I’m close.

I’ll be doing a lot of public land hunting around Clinton and a few private spots as well. Gonna try saddle hunting this year. There’s around 43,000 public acres around Truman Lake that I’ll be hunting. A little over 4K of which is right out my by back door. With the move and remodeling our house I haven’t had a chance to scout it at all. Hoping that changes soon.

I’ll be making a trip back to Kansas sometime this month to get it all set up and ready. Not sure how much I’ll be there this year with all the changes. But I should be there a couple times at least.

I’m on a 3 year buck drought. Hoping to break that this year. I’m pretty picky in Kansas. But my standards there might drop a little this year. Not sure what my standards will be here in Missouri yet. This area has potential for 150+. But like I said, I haven’t done any scouting outside of driving around some places. I don’t have cameras up anywhere yet and the Corp ground doesn’t allow trail cams. So it’s gonna take boot leather and seat time for the scouting there. Either way, I can’t wait for the season to get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I am my own affliction
2,513 Posts
Sounds like I poke around your stomping grounds. I deliver building materials and go to Clinton and also NC Ks--Sabetha and others.

·
Team #2-Bow Brothers
1,860 Posts
Another Michigander checking in. Season can't get here soon enough for me. Stands are mostly set, cams are out and I have a few nice shooters (Michigan shooters) that I'm anxious to chase. I will also be hunting SE Ohio in early November. I look forward to sharing the season with you all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another Michigander checking in. Season can't get here soon enough for me. Stands are mostly set, cams are out and I have a few nice shooters (Michigan shooters) that I'm anxious to chase. I will also be hunting SE Ohio in early November. I look forward to sharing the season with you all.
What part of Michigan you from? I'm in west mi. Muskegon area

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as teams names go.. I don't really care what we have.. maybe Lucky 7s. Or something along that line. Again doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When does everyone's season start?? Ill.be out for the early antlerless season here that is Sept. 18-19th. We have a very healthy antlerless population on our property so I should be able to put 1 down then.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey everyone, I guess mburns is me. Checking in from Illinois. I hunt a mix of small private land pieces and a couple bigger public areas. A doe and a 100-130" is usually my expectation going into a season. Last year I struggled to put a good one down and scratched out a little 8-point late in November. Of course there's giants in the area and it's fun to get them on the trail cam, but not realistic for me to kill.

1 - 20 of 258 Posts