Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else like there show? I think it is a good change of pace. They have some good tips for new hunters. They getting it doen real like most of us.

·
Breathn
12,650 Posts
I love there show, they dont just go out there hunting for pope and young and b and c bucks. They are likr any other ordinary hunter, they shoot does and some small bucks. I met them years ago, they are very down to earth and would give you the shirt off there back.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was a big fan, back when he made videos with Bob Foulkrod. Now I can't stand to watch he and his son peddle everything they can get their name on. Theirs is one of the few bowhunting shows on the outdoor channel line up that I just will not watch.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sosowingshooter said:
I was a big fan, back when he made videos with Bob Foulkrod. Now I can't stand to watch he and his son peddle everything they can get their name on. Theirs is one of the few bowhunting shows on the outdoor channel line up that I just will not watch.

I Totally agree with you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sosowingshooter said:
you are rite :thumbs_up

·
Registered
890 Posts
I was a big fan in the late 80's early 90's than drifted off.

But 2 years ago I was with my dad at a hunting show and we took in one of their seminars. My father won a video (for hunting the most years). We had to go to their booth to collect it. Dan took my father behind the booth and sat with him for over an hour talking about hunting and family. My dad hasn't been so "on fire" about bowhunting in several years. Mainly do to his battle with prostate cancer. You can now see the spark back in my fathers eye for bowhunting.

I am once again a fan of Team Fitzgerald but for totally different reason.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I get a serious kick out of their cooking segment at the end of about every show. Everything has GOT to taste exactly the same.....some form of venison, grilled, with giant slices of vidalia (sp?) onions, and about 4 ounces of that special hot sauce they're always trying to peddle, all wrapped up in some type of bread or tortilla. One time they used a treestand for a grill, that was kinda cool.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dan Fitzgerald and Noel Feather

Hi
I liked the Videos Dan Fitzgerald and Noel Feather use to make..Also his early Videos are good :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
nhturkeydude

·
Registered
272 Posts
I enjoy watching Team Fitzgerald. They are a breath of fresh air compared to
Jackie Bushman. I have met Bob Foulkrod before when he came to Rochester and thought he was a bit pompous !

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can respect that a father wants to bring his son into the buisness and make a way in life for him after he is gone but this is not the case here. :cry:

Dan could have left behind a great store front for the kid if he had of seen what most of us see.

That kid is about as much to do with the love of the outdoors as my wife's dead grandmother but they do share one thing in common which is their love of money ;)

The boy is a postitute and his father is the blind and admiring father who sees no wrong.

Damn shame :embarasse

If I ever hit it big and get like that....SHOOT ME! :cry: :thumbs_do

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Good Stuff

They are a little different, but I like them. Their hunting is real. They don't cut away with some fabricated draw sequences or have the camera waiting at the kill site with the guy coming up and acting like he is seeing the animal for the first time. The same reason I like Primos and Roadtrips. No Hollywood BS. The cooking segments are great. It shows them hunting for food, not for trophies. I like it when they say prayers before the meal also. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just use my DVR and fast forward to the kill shots on most of the hunting shows anyway. I can't stand to hear the host talk and peddle their wares. Seems to me that Pope and Young hunted in suits and still got it done.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Re: Bob Foulkrod

fast*eddie said:
I enjoy watching Team Fitzgerald. They are a breath of fresh air compared to
Jackie Bushman. I have met Bob Foulkrod before when he came to Rochester and thought he was a bit pompous !
I would like to inject a little story about Bob Foulkrod. A couple of years ago I asked Bob at the Bass Pro Fall Classic for some pointers on finger shooting with no peep sight. He said that he had a meeting but to meet him back at that same spot in 2 hours. True to his word, he met me back there in 2 hours and spent about 20 minutes working with me with a display model bow. He seemed very nice and genuine. Just another opinion. --Sam

·
Registered
129 Posts
met them at an outdoor show in the mid '90's.
there were a bunch of top names there.
all i can say is dan was not my favorite person. after his seminar he was signing auto graphs.
when my then 9 year old son asked for his autograph ,he totally ignored him and brushed him out of the way and kept saying to his camera man "are you getting this? me with the kids."
all his son did was scam on one of the promoters daughter.
russell thornberry was at this show and seemed genuinely interested in the kids. he even had nice little chat with my son (which my son remembers to this day).
sdo no i don't like them i think they are cancer on the industry and a bad example for hunters.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Back in the day

I like the older movies that they made back in the day. I know i am young but there are some guys that gave me a few of his tapes that i love. But i watch his show now adays and they arent as good. I like the older tapes MUCH MUCH better.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Dan & Guy are two of the biggest $$ hungry idiots in the business. They change bow sponsorships like I change my socks and each new company is "the best there is". I can't stand either and refuse to watch their show.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
team fitzgerald

so you guys that dont like them because they promote the sponsers that help them afford to bring a show for us to watch? All the shows I watch they promote their sponsers anyone ever watch the drury's? I dont like hearing about how this is the best either, but I just drowned it out like the wife when watching hunting shows. I liked thier older stuff also. Hope to meet them october 14th in wis.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts