Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old York in the basement that has a broken cable, the old kind with the metal tear drops on each end. Hate to just trash it, but isn't worth much. Anybody still make those cables? It was a good bow to let anyone who stopped by and wanted to try shooting. I would say it brought a couple new folks into archery by letting them fling some arrows with it. Anybody looking for a riser?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
huntdoc;

Any good proshop should be able to make you cables. You can order the supplies to do it yourself at Lancaster, but making steel cables is a pain.

-CG

·
Registered
819 Posts
If you are only going to replace one be sure to stretch it first. I used to do this by hanging 150# on it over night (3 cement blocks). Yes, steel stretches but stays there. If you replace both they will stretch evenly and be no problem.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I got mine from Lancaster Archery (they have them listed at around $12.00 per pair). Make sure you get the swedges too as they are slightly different then the ones you can buy at Tru Value :D . Just put some on two nights ago and it isn't too hard, just do one at a time and you can relax the bow to put the desired tension on the cable being replaced. Make sure youo put some heat shrink on first and after you crimp the swedge you can give it a finished look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts