Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a real hard time getting an answer for this question hopefully you guys can help me out.The Hoyt manual only states the power path of the arrow as reference to the centershot.Looking at my Cybertec it is quite obvious that the center line of the bow is not going to work as a benchmark for adjusting my CS.Is there a measurement that has come out of the workbenches that is being used?Thanks, Ron

·
Occam's Razor
8,314 Posts
Hoyt bows are 3/4" to center of arrow...............ck

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have found it to be a little more than 3/4 of and inch on the new risers. Don't pay attention to the little carved out groove. I have no idea why they even put it there other than to creat a illusion of being the center and make your eyes wander there when looking down the arrow!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Archermatt,

That little curved part on the riser shelf is actually there for a reason...when you carry your bow at your side when holding the grip with the string closest to the floor...its for your thumb-no sharp edges this way!!:)

The centershot measurement when measured from inside the riser to the tangent point of the shaft at the arrow pass is 3/4".

·
Occam's Razor
8,314 Posts
RHardesty said:
Archermatt,

That little curved part on the riser shelf is actually there for a reason...when you carry your bow at your side when holding the grip with the string closest to the floor...its for your thumb-no sharp edges this way!!:)
/B]

Not in a million years would I have thought of that..........:D

That's why Hoyt is such a great company, it's the little things that count............:) ...........ck

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Hmmmm, and here I thought that the 'groove' in the shelf was there so your arrow would stay in place when using a dropaway rest! At least it works that way for me. :D

·
NC ASA Director
35,916 Posts
And I thought it was there for fletching clearance if you had a low tear.

What a moron! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Tec risor centershot

clayking,

You got it, pal, Hoyt is one of the greatest,...a guy has been tryin' to buy my 2002 Hoyt Protec,...but doesn't wanna trust me by sending me a money order...wants to do the C.O.D. thing.

I am NOT a motivated seller when it comes to my Protec anyway.

I like the bow alot,...shot the biggest buck ever in my 32+ years of bowhunting with it, last year...that buck is on the wall to my left and the weapon that took it down is on the wall to my right.

Hoyt makes a great product, and has excellent customer service to boot!!!

bowtinkerer :cool:

PS: That little thumb cut-out really works,...now that's attention to detail in R&D and design.

·
NC ASA Director
35,916 Posts
I would shoot a broadhead and then a fieldpoint and chase the fieldpoint until they hit the same left and right, and then you got it. I would do it at 30 yards to get it real accurate.

This will also work for your nocking location on the up and down variances.

:D

I just slapped a bodoodle on my Ultratec, eyeballed the center shot in line with the powerstroke of the cams and went and shot the best score of my life with it.

I can't wait to tune it and see how it does.

By the way, this was outward of the center of the cutout.

·
Registered
79 Posts
how do you measure the 3/4" centershot?
To the middle of the arrow or is it the free space between raiser and arrow?

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,528 Posts
measure to the middle of the arrow

·
Registered
79 Posts
the search sometime helps a lot ... :)
But it seems not in my way. I have set the centershot on
my protec to 23 mm, that is way more than 3/4".
Eyeballing and shooting also give this result. So I still was
thinking why this works on my bow?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Centershot can be affected by lots of things. Such as riser straightness, limb pocket tolerances, cam spacer tolerances, cam lean, limb twist, lateral torque from a cable guard.....all sorts of stuff. Ultimately you need to use some type of tuning technique to find what works best. Don't worry too awful much about measurements unless you are using a shoot through cables system that is set perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts