Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has got this book and what were your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have read it, great book for the technical hunter. Most books are either for target guys or the average hunter. Bells book focuses on some advanced shooting situations and the setups used the execute those shots. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really enjoy reading Joe's articles! Does the book cover tuning as well as shooting techniques?

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
I'd like to know as well. Bow and Arrow hunting is the best mag there is on bowhunting in my opinion. Really like reading his stuff.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I got it last week and I am about 3/4 of the way thru. It is worth the price and worth the read. Good info and easy to follow. I got my copy direct and they shipped it very fast. Covers tuning and techniques...even a chapter about shooting with fingers.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't buy into many how to books but I enjoy Joe's articles, I may have to get this one.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The book is worth buying forsure if you are a techie just as goos as the artices

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
It's better than any other book on shooting a hunting bow by a wide margin.

Excellent information on set up, tuning and shooting. Almost nothing on hunting, but there are hundreds of other books on that.

Definitely agree with the posters above about the magazine. It's the only hunting magazine that I get any more.

If you bow hunt, it's worth getting.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Joe Bell's book

I am on the fourth time reading. Got it for christmas from my partner. i pick up new tips on each read. Well worth the 26.00.
Roy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Awesome book!!!!!! So much info. Not just the average hunting book.

·
Liv4Rut
7,330 Posts
Joe is a great guy. I was fortunate enough to go on a week long elk hunt with him in Colorado in 2000. I was 17 at the time but it was a blast. He definitely is very knowledgable and it is a great read. He can definitely hold his own shooting the bow too!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts